Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bagby & Walker St (Downtown Houston) ... but I don't see anything on supercharge.info
Correct, because that's not a real location. Tesla's map doesn't show the actual locations for future superchargers (i.e. grey pins)--it just places the pins on the center of the city's name. The correct way to read that is as indicating that there is a supercharger coming somewhere in Houston with a targeted opening date in Q2, not that the supercharger will be built at Bagby & Walker.

In this particular case, that pin is almost certainly referencing the location currently under construction (and very nearly operational) at the H-E-B on Alabama St, which is correctly depicted on supercharge.info's map with a construction cone in the accurate location. Discussion of that future supercharger on TMC can be found here: Supercharger - Houston, Alabama St.

Reactions: brkaus and youscott
Does anybody have any ides if there will be any superchargers on US 183 highway between Leander TX and Cisco TX? It is 160 miles without superchargers and it is on the main route from Austin to Abilene.
Don’t see one “coming soon” on the Tesla map on 183, but the Hamilton TX target Q1 2023 location would reduce the distance between chargers.

Reactions: Seyed and CarlS
I was driving along Mockingbird in Dallas, just east of Love Field and East of the intersection with Lemon and I saw the shopping center with LA Fitness has a section of the parking lot cordoned off and it looks like they're installing electrical equipment there . . .

1664155682946.png

It's good to see Texas getting lots of supercharger love this year. There have been dozens of supercharge.info updates in TX in the last 3 months. Let's keep that going and add some on the I-69/US-59/US-259 corridor. Livingston and Longview would be super useful for me. Anybody else use that route often in a Tesla?

Waller SuperCharger next to Buc-ees. In Apple Maps, it shows that the location is permanently closed. When I check in my Tesla 3, sometimes it shows "temporary closure", sometimes it shows 13 stalls available. So do anyone know if the Waller SuperCharger working or not? I am traveling from Houston to Dallas this coming Friday, without Waller SuperCharger, I am afraid I can not get to next stop Waco, TX Supercharger. Many thanks.

Waller SuperCharger next to Buc-ees. In Apple Maps, it shows that the location is permanently closed. When I check in my Tesla 3, sometimes it shows "temporary closure", sometimes it shows 13 stalls available. So do anyone know if the Waller SuperCharger working or not? I am traveling from Houston to Dallas this coming Friday, without Waller SuperCharger, I am afraid I can not get to next stop Waco, TX Supercharger. Many thanks.
Depending on where you’re starting, Giddings is easily reachable from Houston. Or grab a quick top up at the Rudys beforehand.
Then you could check out what’s happening at Waller ;)

Reactions: XHabjab
Anyone notice pricing went up? Two central Houston locations got rid of multiple tiers in the daytime, made it one higher rate, and dropped the overnight pricing.
Prices change all the time and differently for each location. The locations closest to me have at least four different price structures.
I suppose its because they're getting power from many different suppliers.

Reactions: Abraham
Ah I see, thank you. I’m new to all this, just got my Y last month. 🙏
Welcome to the forum and the delights of Tesla ownership :)
Take a look in the app on your phone, under Location you'll see the superchargers closest to you and be able to enjoy the variability in pricing ;)
Just looking at some of those close to me, I've got one at a flat rate 37c, another at 34c, next is 30c, but the closest is a time variable rate between 16c-39c
The car should show you prices as well so you can pick and choose.

Welcome to the forum and the delights of Tesla ownership :)
Take a look in the app on your phone, under Location you'll see the superchargers closest to you and be able to enjoy the variability in pricing ;)
Just looking at some of those close to me, I've got one at a flat rate 37c, another at 34c, next is 30c, but the closest is a time variable rate between 16c-39c
The car should show you prices as well so you can pick and choose.
Thank you so much, I really appreciate that!

Comments on the new agreement with Ford to allow Ford vehicles access to Superchargers?

Me? I'm all for it.

First, it furthers the move to EVs. Right now, if you own a CCS vehicle here in deep south Texas, you can't get out of the region. There are no Level 3 CCS chargers between the Valley and San Antonio, and only a few slow ones in Corpus Christi and that probably won't get you to Houston. There are only two alternatives: either find a Level 2 charger somewhere along the way (that will make for a long trip) or use a CCS to Tesla adapter. (Do they exist now?)

Second - this will be a new revenue source for Tesla. I'll assume Tesla will charge a bit more for Ford's to charge up. That additional money can be used to build even more Superchargers faster. Yes - I know Tesla has always said Superchargers were not meant to be a profit maker, but times change.

Yes - I can hear the complaints about increased waiting times (think San Antonio Huebner Oaks or Columbus), but I reiterate that the additional funds can actually help build more than are being built now.

Reactions: XHabjab and Abraham
I can hear the complaints about increased waiting times

I've only used a SC maybe four or five times and there were always slots open so no waiting involved. Here's a question though, if you DO have to wait ... how is it done?

I mean is it like a bank, where you form a single line and when a stall opens up the person at the head of the line goes to that stall?

Or is it like a supermarket where you run the odds of each checkout in your head, pick one and then wait for that line to move so you can use that specific SC?

I've only used a SC maybe four or five times and there were always slots open so no waiting involved. Here's a question though, if you DO have to wait ... how is it done?

I mean is it like a bank, where you form a single line and when a stall opens up the person at the head of the line goes to that stall?

Or is it like a supermarket where you run the odds of each checkout in your head, pick one and then wait for that line to move so you can use that specific SC?
I've been in this situation a few times. Generally it's the first option you said - form one line, the next person in line takes the next available slot. There usually isn't room for more than one line. Sometimes there really isn't room for even one physical "line" and people have to pull in to nearby parking spaces to get out of the way. In that case you just have to pay attention to who was there before you.

• Informative
Reactions: EVer Hopeful
Comments on the new agreement with Ford to allow Ford vehicles access to Superchargers?

Me? I'm all for it.

First, it furthers the move to EVs. Right now, if you own a CCS vehicle here in deep south Texas, you can't get out of the region. There are no Level 3 CCS chargers between the Valley and San Antonio, and only a few slow ones in Corpus Christi and that probably won't get you to Houston. There are only two alternatives: either find a Level 2 charger somewhere along the way (that will make for a long trip) or use a CCS to Tesla adapter. (Do they exist now?)

Second - this will be a new revenue source for Tesla. I'll assume Tesla will charge a bit more for Ford's to charge up. That additional money can be used to build even more Superchargers faster. Yes - I know Tesla has always said Superchargers were not meant to be a profit maker, but times change.

Yes - I can hear the complaints about increased waiting times (think San Antonio Huebner Oaks or Columbus), but I reiterate that the additional funds can actually help build more than are being built now.

I think it's a good thing overall as it will lead to more charging options and (hopefully) a unified standard for North America.

I do remember when Tesla said the Supercharger network was never going to be used as a profit center but that was a long time ago, lol. They clearly decided a few years back to make it just that and with the funding available from the Federal government to speed fast charging stations doing this is a no-brainer for them.

Reactions: Abraham