Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe looking for the supercharger? You can charge that sucker up in less than 30 seconds! :p
19 second to be exact. You need to be attentive and time disconnect very carefully though, as at the 21 second mark the wheels blow off and it all starts on fire.

P.S. Are there any Supercharges in Walmart lots anywhere? As
mentioned above, Electrify America has a deal with Walmart so this could be them.

I cruised by the site yesterday, but didn’t learn much. The electrical contractor is Kenmore Electric. The site was fenced and screened. It was raining, so I didn’t get out to take a better look. I didn’t see many materials inside the fence and nothing that looked like what I have seen in pictures of other installations. There was no activity, most likely because of the rain.

I cruised by the site yesterday, but didn’t learn much. The electrical contractor is Kenmore Electric. The site was fenced and screened. It was raining, so I didn’t get out to take a better look. I didn’t see many materials inside the fence and nothing that looked like what I have seen in pictures of other installations. There was no activity, most likely because of the rain.
Just to clarify, as this thread lists many SpC... which one did you drive by?

Report on the Walmart in Stafford, TX. I went by today (Sept 24) and this does not look to be a supercharger installation. The site is fenced and screened so I couldn’t see too much or get meaningful pictures. However, what is did see were a few large boxes, all of them branded as GE, including 3 labeled as control panels. I didn’t see anything with a big red T on it. What little trenching I saw was not what I have seen at supercharger sites as it looked like there was room for no more than 3-4 chargers, not the usual 8. Unless someone has other information, you will need to look elsewhere for a potential supercharger site in the SW Houston/Sugar Land area.

Report on the Walmart in Stafford, TX. I went by today (Sept 24) and this does not look to be a supercharger installation. The site is fenced and screened so I couldn’t see too much or get meaningful pictures. However, what is did see were a few large boxes, all of them branded as GE, including 3 labeled as control panels. I didn’t see anything with a big red T on it. What little trenching I saw was not what I have seen at supercharger sites as it looked like there was room for no more than 3-4 chargers, not the usual 8. Unless someone has other information, you will need to look elsewhere for a potential supercharger site in the SW Houston/Sugar Land area.
Electrify America doesn't have it on their website's Coming Soon list, either. All they have on there in Houston (in TX for that matter) is the one at Walmart on the South side of The Woodlands near the Grogan's Mill-Sawdust corner.

I concur. Looks like four square-base stalls and more # of conduits than a SC would use.
F664745E-1D0F-40B5-89A6-1A2DD85B52BD.jpeg

652083AC-DB49-4A78-BB36-BD6FB58370B6.jpeg

5336B670-CB37-4166-A504-A15C6DADCD1D.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: ℬête Noire
Three new Dig Tess requests today of interest. All are labeled as being for TESLA. The Junction makes some sense since Pecos and Fort Stockton are underway. They other two are odd in that they aren't on the Tesla map, and they are at Walmarts, making me think they are for ElectrifyAmerica, BUT the contractor is the one Tesla uses, and all 3 requests were posted within a few minutes of each other.

JUNCTION, TEXAS
111 MARTINEZ ST
Intersecting Street: I-10
Location of Work: THE PARKING LOT AND ROAD FRONTAGE DRIVING DIRECTIONS: DRIVE TO THE DAYS INN PREVIOUSLY OR CURRENTLY KNOW AS THE ECONO LODGE
Remarks: CONTACT STREET: STATE HIGHWAY 110 SOUTH TESS: 1877410279 Seq: 7759 Rcd: 10/01/18 13:57 WTBD: 10/03/18 14:00

ENNIS, TEXAS
700 E ENNIS AVE
Intersecting Street: LAUREL ST
Location of Work: THE FRONT PARKING LOT OF WALMART AND EAST SIDE OF TOBACCO HUT DRIVING DIRECTIONS: DRIVE TO THE WALMART IN ENNIS TX.

MADISONVILLE, TEXAS
1620 E MAIN ST
Intersecting Street: S SHORT ST
Location of Work: THE FRONT PARKINGLOT OF WALMART DRIVING DIRECTIONS: DRIVE TO THE WALMART IN MADISONVILLE TX.

Last edited:
There's already a supercharger in Junction and has been for some time now.

Yes, I thought that was odd. There is no ambiguity on the requests, it says that the survey customer is Tesla, using RMC SURVEYING .

Type of Work: SURVEY
Work Being Done For: TESLA
Explosives: N

Perhaps RMC Surveying is actually working for Electrify America and either got confused, or is intentionally dropping the Tesla so we will pick up on the project?

Three new Dig Tess requests today of interest. All are labeled as being for TESLA. The Junction makes some sense since Pecos and Fort Stockton are underway. They other two are odd in that they aren't on the Tesla map, and they are at Walmarts, making me think they are for ElectrifyAmerica, BUT the contractor is the one Tesla uses, and all 3 requests were posted within a few minutes of each other.

JUNCTION, TEXAS
111 MARTINEZ ST
Intersecting Street: I-10
Location of Work: THE PARKING LOT AND ROAD FRONTAGE DRIVING DIRECTIONS: DRIVE TO THE DAYS INN PREVIOUSLY OR CURRENTLY KNOW AS THE ECONO LODGE
Remarks: CONTACT STREET: STATE HIGHWAY 110 SOUTH TESS: 1877410279 Seq: 7759 Rcd: 10/01/18 13:57 WTBD: 10/03/18 14:00

ENNIS, TEXAS
700 E ENNIS AVE
Intersecting Street: LAUREL ST
Location of Work: THE FRONT PARKING LOT OF WALMART AND EAST SIDE OF TOBACCO HUT DRIVING DIRECTIONS: DRIVE TO THE WALMART IN ENNIS TX.

MADISONVILLE, TEXAS
1620 E MAIN ST
Intersecting Street: S SHORT ST
Location of Work: THE FRONT PARKINGLOT OF WALMART DRIVING DIRECTIONS: DRIVE TO THE WALMART IN MADISONVILLE TX.
Misidentified Electrify America:
Junction was on EA's L3 hopes & dreams map but those other two haven't been. They I45 stations appeared to be Corsicana (mirroring SC placement) and The Woodlands. Their website right now only has a Sawdust Rd address listed as coming soon, that's their only TX one listed. Unfortunately the map they use is a Google drop-in thing that has the zoom disabled. Unless these aren't the "highway" chargers but rather the low-end "city" chargers that also seems to be part of their plan.

It's been a week, have they opened the gear boxes to install at the Stafford Walmart to see what that actually is?

Tesla:
If these truly are "Tesla" installs it could very well be Walmart playing both BEV charging angles, putting in destination chargers. Going with multiple vendors is kinda a Walmart thing to do.

I didn't get pictures, but the Mt. Pleasant location (Super One foods parking lot) mentioned previously has a large section of their parking lot fenced and tarped. I haven't had a chance to stop by and try to get pictures. I'm wondering if it's related.

Misidentified Electrify America:
Junction was on EA's L3 hopes & dreams map but those other two haven't been. They I45 stations appeared to be Corsicana (mirroring SC placement) and The Woodlands. Their website right now only has a Sawdust Rd address listed as coming soon, that's their only TX one listed. Unfortunately the map they use is a Google drop-in thing that has the zoom disabled. Unless these aren't the "highway" chargers but rather the low-end "city" chargers that also seems to be part of their plan.

It's been a week, have they opened the gear boxes to install at the Stafford Walmart to see what that actually is?

Tesla:
If these truly are "Tesla" installs it could very well be Walmart playing both BEV charging angles, putting in destination chargers. Going with multiple vendors is kinda a Walmart thing to do.

Yes, but why would Walmart use a consulting firm to install some simple Level 2 chargers ?

Reactions: ℬête Noire