Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Tesla Insurance - Cost Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a minor parking lot bumper bender that cost about $6,000 after my $1,000 deductible. Because of the cost my Safeco insurance went up about 60%. My big mistake was not having rental car coverage a year ago when rent car rates were ridiculous. I paid over $1,000 for a rental car for the 3 weeks my car was at a Tesla certified repair shop. The cost to add rental car coverage was about $55. Because of Tesla and supply chain issues paying for rental car coverage is a no brainer. Don't skimp on it.

Reactions: SalisburySam
There is no better service than when Tesla insurance covers an item (like glass) that Tesla is also repairing. In the app “use Tesla insurance?” Popped up… I clicked yes. The Tesla insurance adjuster sent 3 texts: I’ve received your claim. I am covering your claim. Your car is ready and Tesla Insurance has paid the invoice.

No “check is in the mail” bullshit, no screwball story to get me to pay for half. Paid. Done.

We were in the car repair business for 30 years. There is nothing comparable to that kind of service. I know I’m supposed to be bitching on the internet about it but until then I never had an insurance experience I actually enjoyed.

There is no better service than when Tesla insurance covers an item (like glass) that Tesla is also repairing. In the app “use Tesla insurance?” Popped up… I clicked yes. The Tesla insurance adjuster sent 3 texts: I’ve received your claim. I am covering your claim. Your car is ready and Tesla Insurance has paid the invoice.

No “check is in the mail” bullshit, no screwball story to get me to pay for half. Paid. Done.

We were in the car repair business for 30 years. There is nothing comparable to that kind of service. I know I’m supposed to be bitching on the internet about it but until then I never had an insurance experience I actually enjoyed.
Any hint at raising insurance rates?

Is this just windshield repair/replacement, not collison ?