Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Tesla Vehicle Registration (Online) Renewal Issue and Block

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my 2018 Tesla Model 3's Texas vehicle registration renewal came in the mail. I renewed online last year with no problems. But this year, there is a block on the Tesla for Emissions Program Non-Compliance since Tesla's only get the safety portion of the inspection done yearly. Basically, there's a block on the Tesla because it's non-compliant on not emitting toxic gas. Wtf?

The only way to get the block removed is to go in person for renewal, even though, I have my safety inspection done this year and it is visible online.

So 2019 is fine for online, but 2020 isn't? Texas DMV either screwed me over or is screwing Teslas now or soon.

I want my $1 for renewing online back, and my convenience back. (I know the government won't do that.)

this old thread but, first time renewing MY registration here. do i still need to bring the car to an “inspection shop” for that yearly inspection of ICE cars? will any “inspection shop” do it?

this old thread but, first time renewing MY registration here. do i still need to bring the car to an “inspection shop” for that yearly inspection of ICE cars? will any “inspection shop” do it?
Any state certified inspection station can do it, but you only need the "safety" inspection for $7. And yes, it must be done before you can renew your registration. At the last shop I went to they said that they report inspections in real time now so you should be able to get an inspection, drive home and renew online immediately or at the sub-courthouse, if that's your thing. :D

Reactions: Abraham
Any state certified inspection station can do it, but you only need the "safety" inspection for $7. And yes, it must be done before you can renew your registration. At the last shop I went to they said that they report inspections in real time now so you should be able to get an inspection, drive home and renew online immediately or at the sub-courthouse, if that's your thing. :D
thanks…