Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SoonerTina

Supporting Member
May 2, 2022
Texas
Hi! Dallas, TX here awaiting a VIN so I drove by the Cedar Springs Service Center. There appear to be dozens and dozens awaiting pick up being stored on various lots around the SC.
Other Texas folks awaiting your MY? How are you feeling?

No VIN just playing games with the dates. Its like you can't even go on vacation because that's when they will finally set your date
Yeah, looks like I’ll be canceling a little 4th of July trip planned since December. 🙄
But my VIN and shortened EDD came through tonight in the app. No text or email so far. No documents. But I can at least advance the ball on insurance.
Hang in there!

Yeah, looks like I’ll be canceling a little 4th of July trip planned since December. 🙄
But my VIN and shortened EDD came through tonight in the app. No text or email so far. No documents. But I can at least advance the ball on insurance.
Hang in there!
If it was anything like my experience so far. It may be 3 weeks by the time you get the vehicle after getting the VIN. I’ve been seeing a lot of peoples edd moved further out. Possibly due to the EOQ

If it was anything like my experience so far. It may be 3 weeks by the time you get the vehicle after getting the VIN. I’ve been seeing a lot of peoples edd moved further out. Possibly due to the EOQ
This whole process is an exercise in patience for people with little to none (myself included). Hopefully it will all be worth it!

Flurry of activity today - everything about this process seems weird - I bought a car sight unseen, told my credit union to send a bunch of money to Tesla with nothing but a VIN, a wink and a promise? and told my insurance agent to insure a car I’ve only heard of and whose location is unconfirmed somewhere between Fremont and Dallas.
Strangest of all - I’ve developed a weird “friendship” with a BOT at Tesla somewhere, who now seriously questions whether humans— or maybe just me — are “intelligent life forms.”
Anyway, I appear to be down to constant refresh for a delivery appointment.
Do you think we’ll miss this when it’s all over?
2813B07F-29D6-4102-9134-7EF6AE9860AE.jpeg

Dallas area here. Ordered a MYLR 5 seater Blue/Black/Gemini wheels, No Tow, No FSD/EAP. OOD: June 23. EDD1: Jan-Apr 2023. EDD changed on June 24th to Oct 12-Nov 23.

I'll take an SR if Tesla offers me one.
Don’t take an SR. Especially in Eastern TX. I’m in Houston and my only reason to upgrade to an LR is how iffy driving to a supercharger can be in a Model 3 SR. Granted, the MY SR is a bit better range, but not for the price. For reference I ordered in Nov for a Blue LR with 19” wheels and I’m picking it up tomorrow, built in Austin. So it may take a while for them to get to your order.

Reactions: ElectricNerd
Don’t take an SR. Especially in Eastern TX. I’m in Houston and my only reason to upgrade to an LR is how iffy driving to a supercharger can be in a Model 3 SR. Granted, the MY SR is a bit better range, but not for the price. For reference I ordered in Nov for a Blue LR with 19” wheels and I’m picking it up tomorrow, built in Austin. So it may take a while for them to get to your order.
I honestly didn't expect the first EDD change the next day. Based on what I'm reading here, I fully expected it to be into next year for my order.

i got the vin 7SAY from houston today but the deliver is tomorrow so i have to get everything done by tomorrow. The problem is i live in New Mexico and picking up in El Paso, Texas. So they said the registration might be a problem. Will have to figure all of this out, does any body know why they wont let me register my tesla from New Mexico even though im picking up in Texas.