Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

text alert that charging is done - no longer works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't notice exactly when it started / which update, but a few weeks ago my car stopped sending me a text that it was done charging. It used to be pretty nice, and even showed up on my Apple watch. Now nothing. Anyone see the same? Reboot doesn't fix. I'm sure it was one of the Dec updates, though it could be related to the app too.

Come to think of it, the calendar stopped too - I no longer get my calendar on the screen on startup in the morning, even with the Tesla app running on my iPhone.

These regressions are starting to pile up - web browser is still hosed, Atari games no longer play and freeze my whole MCU when I try them, etc (MCU2). Crossing fingers that basic driving functions don't get messed up next.

Reactions: NoirMS
It’s not a text it’s a notification. Are you sure the notification setting for your Tesla app is still on? If all else fails you might delete and reinstall the Tesla app.
Interesting. I also hadn't been getting notifications for completed charging for a while now. Sure enough, when I went into the Notifications section of the app, it was switched off. This probably got reset with one of the recent app updates.

Yes, it was off, but turning it on didn't help...
After I turned mine back on, I've been successfully getting charge-complete notifications again. One other possibly coincidental data point: I was experiencing media player freezes and had to do the double-scroll-wheel reset of the MCU around the same time, so maybe try that if all else fails?