Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

text display not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an iPhone 12pro and my text display is not functioning on my Model S, everything else phone wise works fine. I have disconnected/reconnected several times and have also done "forget this device" on both phone and Tesla BT screens. "Show notifications" is ON on my phone Tesla BT settings and "sync messages" is on on the Tesla iPhone BT screen. Texts used to work for me. I dont know if they stopped working since my MCU2 upgrade or a more recent software update. Oddly my software is listed as v10.2 (2020.48.30.040912887bad). I'm not sure what to do next? Thanks if you can help.

I don't know how to do this on iPhone, but you may need to add or enable the text profile onto the Bluetooth connection. Sometimes the first time you pair your phone, it only establishes the "Calls" bluetooth profile. My Android phone has "Calls, "Audio", "Contact Access", and for texting "Message Access". They are all enabled. When you are in the car and bluetooth connected, open up your Bluetooth settings for the Tesla and make sure the Message or Texting Access is showing up and enabled.

I don't know how to do this on iPhone, but you may need to add or enable the text profile onto the Bluetooth connection. Sometimes the first time you pair your phone, it only establishes the "Calls" bluetooth profile. My Android phone has "Calls, "Audio", "Contact Access", and for texting "Message Access". They are all enabled. When you are in the car and bluetooth connected, open up your Bluetooth settings for the Tesla and make sure the Message or Texting Access is showing up and enabled.
Thanks derbydave, yes, the "show notifications" I mentioned in the OP is the iPhone Tesla BT equivalent of "message access" that you mention.