Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text from Tesla - but no VIN/MVPA yet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it means you'll see a link to "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" on the details page of the order. VIN is source seems to be independent of MVPA links from what I gather.
Yes I initially found the VIN was in the source code then saw MVPA a link at the bottom of the details page. Could it be that rcdeck has Lending agreement instead of MVPA because he's financing through Tesla instead of paying cash?

Yes I initially found the VIN was in the source code then saw MVPA a link at the bottom of the details page. Could it be that rcdeck has Lending agreement instead of MVPA because he's financing through Tesla instead of paying cash?
You are correct!

I just chatted with Tesla support and they said, "When you apply for Tesla lending it will be a lending agreement. Cash deals and 3rd party loans will have MVPA's."

Reactions: jimmym1981
Not sure if you thank that's the VIN on your lending agreement, you didn't post much context so correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not a VIN. The VIN will start with "5YJ"
No I realize that wasnt the vin, but I was screenshotting from my phone and didnt want all my personal information posted on here :) Figured the title of the document would help others know if it was similar to the MVPA or not.

• Love
Reactions: NevadaFrenchy
MVPA lists odometer at 15 miles... does that mean it's already been built?

Not necessarily, as that's standard for all new cars. My Model 3 had the same number, but when I picked it up it had three miles on the odometer.

I am in the same boat as you atm. I'm calling my delivery center today to see if they have info about scheduled production. You should do same. I might change delivery location to Fremont to get the car quicker and avoid any/all transport issues.

Not necessarily, as that's standard for all new cars. My Model 3 had the same number, but when I picked it up it had three miles on the odometer.

I am in the same boat as you atm. I'm calling my delivery center today to see if they have info about scheduled production. You should do same. I might change delivery location to Fremont to get the car quicker and avoid any/all transport issues.
Yes, I did a search and 15 miles appears to be default for the odometer on the MVPA. I did just get the text to schedule delivery about half an hour ago and have an appointment to go pick up Tuesday 6/9/20

Reactions: dandrewk
No I realize that wasnt the vin, but I was screenshotting from my phone and didnt want all my personal information posted on here :) Figured the title of the document would help others know if it was similar to the MVPA or not.
Cool. There was one person In this forum that mentioned they were still waiting for their VIN to show by searching “5YL”. I figured it was a typo. Someone else pointed out it’s J not L... turned out he’d been doing it wrong and he had a VIN! Wanted to make sure I pointed it out, happy to hear you’ve got a VIN.

Reactions: rcdeck
Mine says:

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 10 days. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

Configuration in bio.

What does it all mean!?!?!?!? Weirdest purchase ever!

Got my VIN and MVPA today! 2/25/20 order, config in bio.

Got my VIN and MVPA today! 2/25/20 order, config in bio.
spaceballsnothing.png
I'm just kidding, sorta... Good luck to us all!!

• Funny
Reactions: beezy and rxlawdude