Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text from Tesla - but no VIN/MVPA yet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine says:

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 10 days. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

Configuration in bio.

What does it all mean!?!?!?!? Weirdest purchase ever!

Probably means that they are starting their end of quarter push and we may receive our new Y by the end of this month.

I got the 2-4 weeks text just now. Also got a seemingly less automated text this morning from the same number saying that 180 Model Y's were on it's way to Devon (my delivery location), and I should expect my VIN soon.
FWIW, I spoke w someone at Burbank (on Sunday), he said there's a whole bunch as in a gangload (his words) of MY's either getting ready to depart Fremont or already on trucks in-route to So. Cal.

Reactions: anon125110
Ordered my blue/white LR AWD with tow hitch on 5/19/20. Located in Colorado. All paperwork is done on my end except for proof of insurance ( because I need a VIN) but I got no text message, no VIN and no MVPA. Anybody else in the same boat?

Reactions: K72V426
Just got the same 2-4 week text. Was going to trade the 2015 S 70D in, but figured they'd lowball at this time. Listed on ebay and sold in one hour!

So I removed the trade-in on the MY order, and the page reverted to what it looked like for the past two months. ("We are drafting your contract...")

Got the following today around 3

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 2 - 4 weeks from today, but may be delayed due to outstanding tasks in your Tesla Account.

As a reminder, deliveries are prioritized for customers who have submitted these tasks on a first come, first served basis. Please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount to submit all outstanding tasks.

This is an automated message. For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

I’m in the Bay Area. I’m still on the payment step because I don’t want apply until I’m sure I’m within 60 days of delivery which it looks like I am.

FWIW, I spoke w someone at Burbank (on Sunday), he said there's a whole bunch as in a gangload (his words) of MY's either getting ready to depart Fremont or already on trucks in-route to So. Cal.

That's the good news.

The bad news is trucks carrying Teslas to southland travel via US101 and will have to go through several protester/rioter blockages between Fremont and Ventura County.. Hope they make it out ok, with "only a few" suffering from molotov cocktail damage. But don't worry, they will still be within spec.

:D

• Disagree
Reactions: KG M3
That's the good news.

The bad news is trucks carrying Teslas to southland travel via US101 and will have to go through several protester/rioter blockages between Fremont and Ventura County.. Hope they make it out ok, with "only a few" suffering from molotov cocktail damage. But don't worry, they will still be within spec.

:D
What the hell they b doing taking the 101?
They don't need no stinkin' scenic route :)
Take the 5 Fwy!

First post here. Ordered on 05/29. White/White LR AWD Performance with Perf upgrade 21" Uberturbine wheels, FSD.
Got the 2-4 weeks text today.

Btw, I have been reading a lot of posts. Can someone please tell me what "MSM" is?

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 2 - 4 weeks from today. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Please note that your delivery may be earlier than this estimation if a vehicle with your configuration becomes available.

White on White PUP with TOW & FSD
Just got a similar message:

Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be built in the next 10 days. Once your Model Y starts moving to your delivery center, we will reach out to schedule your delivery appointment.

Sounds like I'm further out than you, if my car's not even built.