Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text message and favorite contacts issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed 2 issues in my Model 3 with the new update regarding phone improvements. One is that I do not have my favorite contacts showing up in the car’s phone app. The other is that I can receive text messages and they are read to me, but I cannot reply. The car says “listening” and I can view my response but when I click the right scroll wheel to send, nothing happens. Anyone else experiencing either of these issues?

Reactions: DCGoD
OP, which phone and message app you were using? When I was using Pixel 3XL with Hangout as default message app, it would not display any message in the car or on the Hangout app after I sent a message. I have to switch back to use Android Messenger and everything seems to work fine.

Interesting here. My 90d model x was in for service getting HW3 installed. In the meantime I had a 75D model S. It had AP HW 2.5 and MCU2. It showed my favorites from my phone. My car however does not before or after AP HW upgrade. I wonder if it needs MCU2. Anyone know?