TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Text message and favorite contacts issue

Discussion in 'Software: Firmware Updates, Features, Tesla App' started by Marmac, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Marmac

Marmac Member

I have noticed 2 issues in my Model 3 with the new update regarding phone improvements. One is that I do not have my favorite contacts showing up in the car’s phone app. The other is that I can receive text messages and they are read to me, but I cannot reply. The car says “listening” and I can view my response but when I click the right scroll wheel to send, nothing happens. Anyone else experiencing either of these issues?

• Like x 1
  2. MarkInAZ

MarkInAZ Member

Text messages seem to be working but no favorite contacts. Same on my Pixel 4 and wife's Pixel 3. I have re-paired the phones, rebooted the phones, and rebooted the Tesla.

3. Need

Need Active Member

OP, which phone and message app you were using? When I was using Pixel 3XL with Hangout as default message app, it would not display any message in the car or on the Hangout app after I sent a message. I have to switch back to use Android Messenger and everything seems to work fine.

4. rbsheppard

rbsheppard New Member

I have same issue with no favorites showing and inability to reply to text messages. Any resolution?

5. rbsheppard

rbsheppard New Member

Just upgraded my iPhone software, reconnected, and that solved the problem.

6. Marmac

Marmac Member

I think that may be my problem. I have an iPhone 6s and won’t be getting any further updates.

7. MarkInAZ

MarkInAZ Member

No luck for me on my Pixel XL 4. Just got 2020.4.1 downloaded. I disconnected and re-paired bluetooth, rebooted both phone and Tesla. Still no favorites. Texts seem to be working.

8. DCGoD

DCGoD Software Engineer

What does this mean exactly? I’m on iOS 13.3.1 with an iPhone 11 Pro Max and replies don’t work. I can reply to myself if I txt myself but not anyone else. Is this an iMessage related issue?

9. Ronbo

Ronbo Member

First thing I would try is restarting your phone. This will often resolve these type of issues.

10. MarkInAZ

MarkInAZ Member

Got upgraded to HW3 yesterday. Still no favorites.

11. jtrevill

jtrevill Member

Interesting here. My 90d model x was in for service getting HW3 installed. In the meantime I had a 75D model S. It had AP HW 2.5 and MCU2. It showed my favorites from my phone. My car however does not before or after AP HW upgrade. I wonder if it needs MCU2. Anyone know?