TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Text message, choice for no voice?

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by djrockadoo, Jan 8, 2020.

1. djrockadoo

djrockadoo Member

I love the new text messaging but the auto reading is fairly annoying. Slow, reads the name or phone number digits, when I can glance down and take it in as fast as I read my speedometer.

I’ve accidentally had it work where the text just comes up and there’s no voice. Seemed to be related to if I had voice navigation going... maybe. Would love turning voice off to be a toggle switch once sync messages is on.