TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Text Message Feature is Displaying Old Messages

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by rpo, Jan 6, 2020.

1. rpo

rpo Member

When I get a text while driving, the car alerts me to a new message, but the sender and the message itself seem to be displaying random old messages. I got one yesterday that was from October. I've also had my audio crash while the car was dictating a message. A hard reset was required to get the audio working again.

Anyone else seeing glitches with this so far?

• Like x 1
  2. Chanrhc

Chanrhc Member

Yes. Same thing here. Audio resets if you start the soft reset process.

• Like x 1
  3. andeeezie

andeeezie New Member

Yup its so weird. The text messaging feature is absolute trash. I had a simple text message come in from a normal contact and for some reason it read off a billon of numbers "765432456743637365234 Andrew said ...."

Can't stop the audio once the message has started. Replying by voice is also terrible.

But i'm sure it will be improved soon :)

• Like x 1
  4. dannycamps

dannycamps Member

Same issue here. Had an old text message get read and I've had the audio get messed up twice (either losing audio or having the car no longer respond to the volume control).

Both times a reset fixed it.

5. Chanrhc

Chanrhc Member

I think it's actually a combination of the phone that's causing it as the car fetches messages without an active Android notification. If the notification is still persistent in the status bar, Tesla fetches an old message (sometimes) and then the new one in quick succession.

6. MikeR55

MikeR55 Member

Any fixes for this? Same issue.

7. Chanrhc

Chanrhc Member

There might not be enough users experiencing this issue. And if you delete all your old text messages, I think the issue will go away since it removes the potential overflow problem. Alternatively, you could always try another texting app .

8. tlr1000

tlr1000 Member

Thought this would be fixed by now. On 2020.12.5 and I still have this issue. On Pixel 3.