Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text Message Feature is Displaying Old Messages

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I get a text while driving, the car alerts me to a new message, but the sender and the message itself seem to be displaying random old messages. I got one yesterday that was from October. I've also had my audio crash while the car was dictating a message. A hard reset was required to get the audio working again.

Anyone else seeing glitches with this so far?
Yes I get old Geico text messages reminding me of payments and I haven't had Geico in years. Just now I got a text message from my dad. My dad passed 3 months ago.

This is crazy bad that this is still going on... deleted the new Google message platform, deleted all my old conversations, made sure everything was "read"... still getting this random popup crap on my Tesla with the stock SMS app...

Still happening. This week I have accidentally responded to an ex-girlfriend, a potential employer, and sent a very risque text intended for my current girlfriend to my very Christian cousin.

Oh well, I guess I'll all I ever really wanted was an interesting life. And this certainly has the potential to create some pretty funny stories.

• Funny
Reactions: Bull and outdoors
This appears to only be affecting cars on MCU2. Since it works on MCU1 then they obviously know how to make it work and screwed up somehow on the new MCU2. I opened a service request and let them know via chat. I suggest doing the same.

I've got a 2015 Model S 70D that I purchased in July 2020 and have been having this problem for some time. I did the MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade, but I swear it was happening before I upgraded. Had been using a Note 9 since I got the car. Did a factory reset on that phone hoping it would solve the problem. . .it didn't. Last week upgraded to the S22 Ultra (this phone is amazing, but that's a post for a different forum). I was sure this would solve the problem. . .it didn't. Practically every time my wife texts me, it also displays an old text from her "You never brought in the cat litter. . .and I need the party lights." It makes me feel lame, like I'm constantly not living up to her "cat litter and party lights" expectations. If we ever renew our vows, I will promise to bring in the cat litter AND get her the party lights! I also get random texts from different people but that one from my wife when my wife texts me is almost a certainty. Some have suggested to deleting these old texts. Interestingly, these texts are not in my text history AND I'm using a different texting platform (Previously Pulse messaging, not Google Messages) on a new phone. This has me thinking that these old messages are stored in the car's memory somehow. Is there some way to purge the memory (aside from hard reset, which I've done).