Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text Message reading in 2019.40.5 Early Access!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you sure its .5? Last night I installed 2019.40.50.1

At the time of that reddit post, I think there was still some confusion and uncertainty. We knew that the FSD sneak preview was the new visualizations but there were also some reports that a subset of EA is also testing traffic light response. Now we know that 2019.40.50.1 is the FSD sneak preview for the public which is just the new visualizations. But if the reports are true then there are some EA who are also testing traffic light response which has not come out to the public yet.

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
At the time of that reddit post, I think there was still some confusion and uncertainty. We knew that the FSD sneak preview was the new visualizations but there were also some reports that a subset of EA is also testing traffic light response. Now we know that 2019.40.50.1 is the FSD sneak preview for the public which is just the new visualizations. But if the reports are true then there are some EA who are also testing traffic light response which has not come out to the public yet.
Well, it's not for the public as it requires HW3. I not only configured my car in 2018, I did so with fsd. Delivered in 2018. Soooooo, now I'm pissed.

Well, it's not for the public as it requires HW3. I not only configured my car in 2018, I did so with fsd. Delivered in 2018. Soooooo, now I'm pissed.

Frankly, the visualizations are just eye candy right now to tease us about FSD. When Tesla has real FSD features for AP3, we will all get the AP3 upgrade then, likely in Q1 of 2020 according to the latest info we have. So the AP3 computers are coming soon now. But I'm in a similar situation. I got my Model 3 in 2018 and I paid for FSD too. I don't have the AP3 computer yet.

Frankly, the visualizations are just eye candy right now to tease us about FSD. When Tesla has real FSD features for AP3, we will all get the AP3 upgrade then, likely in Q1 of 2020 according to the latest info we have. So the AP3 computers are coming soon now. But I'm in a similar situation. I got my Model 3 in 2018 and I paid for FSD too. I don't have the AP3 computer yet.
Do you have visualization yet. My understanding is/was even that required HW3. I looked and don't have the option to enable it. Long story short, I'm getting cranky now. HW 3 is imported from China, they are under tariff. Does tesla stop the model 3 line and do upgrades or put them in 2018 model 3a? They absolutely should have done upgrades first.

This will turn into a huge CF!

When you say text message, an actual on your smartphone text message or email. I've gotten neither.

Do you have visualization yet. My understanding is/was even that required HW3. I looked and don't have the option to enable it. Long story short, I'm getting cranky now. HW 3 is imported from China, they are under tariff. Does tesla stop the model 3 line and do upgrades or put them in 2018 model 3a? They absolutely should have done upgrades first.

Yes, the visualizations require AP3. So if you paid for FSD but did not get the AP3 computer upgrade yet then you won't get the visualizations yet even though you paid for FSD. Yeah, it kinda sucks that people who happened to buy a Model 3 with AP3 are getting this little FSD sneak preview and people who paid for FSD but don't have the AP3 computer upgrade yet, miss out. I am impatient too. I want to request a service appointment for AP3 upgrade so bad but I know there is no point until Tesla is ready. But Tesla will do the AP3 upgrade and then we will be caught up. Plus, according to my source, Tesla will upgrade FSD owners to AP3 before they release "City NOA". So we will get the upgrade when it really matters.

• Helpful
Reactions: Gt1948 and jebinc
When you say text message, an actual on your smartphone text message or email. I've gotten neither.

Text message is a completely different feature, separate from the FSD visualizations. In 2019.40.50.1, if your phone is synced to your car, it will read your text messages that you get on your phone and allow you to respond with your voice. Basically, the CarPlay hands-free texting feature.

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
Yes, the visualizations require AP3. So if you paid for FSD but did not get the AP3 computer upgrade yet then you won't get the visualizations yet even though you paid for FSD. Yeah, it kinda sucks that people who happened to buy a Model 3 with AP3 are getting this little FSD sneak preview and people who paid for FSD but don't have the AP3 computer upgrade yet, miss out. I am impatient too. I want to request a service appointment for AP3 upgrade so bad but I know there is no point until Tesla is ready. But Tesla will do the AP3 upgrade and then we will be caught up. Plus, according to my source, Tesla will upgrade FSD owners to AP3 before they release "City NOA". So we will get the upgrade when it really matters.
Per Service Center, they won't take off the street requests. They are sent the hw that is attached to you so you'll get notified when to schedule an appointment. People saying they'll invent a reason, that won't get them an upgrade. The units imported are going into the production line cars. I think the possibility is greater than zero that'll be the excuse for use not getting FSD. People in 2016 were ordering cars w/FSD and now it's clear, they aren't able to get it. Sooo. I wish Tesla would put on their big boy pants and explain what the plan is. Saying you need a car newer than 3/19 ????

Text message is a completely different feature, separate from the FSD visualizations. In 2019.40.50.1, if your phone is synced to your car, it will read your text messages that you get on your phone and allow you to respond with your voice. Basically, the CarPlay hands-free texting feature.
No no no...I appear to have misunderstood. I thought you said people were getting notified via text about 2019.40.5.x

Another question I want to ask you, if I already did I missed/forgot your answer.
When you say early access, What do you mean?

A) The menu option that, I think everyone got, to specify standard updates or advanced (early) updates. It's located under Software->
B) The early access requiring a signed NDA such as a couple of people violated with videos of VERY early summons
C) Last I heard those who bought FSD would be entered into the EAP but, last I heard Musk say was, "yes, that's still the plan" but it hasn't occurred yet.
D) something else.

I wish Tesla would put on their big boy pants and explain what the plan is. Saying you need a car newer than 3/19 ????

They have explained the plan. It seems you missed it. They've said that AP3 upgrades will start in Q1 2020. They've also explained that the reason they have not started AP3 upgrades sooner is because they did not have any meaningful AP3 features yet to go along with the hardware upgrade. Elon said that he did not see the point in giving all FSD owners the upgrade when the software features would still be the same as before. Now that there is divergence in the features, Tesla will start the upgrades.

No no no...I appear to have misunderstood. I thought you said people were getting notified via text about 2019.40.5.x

No, I never said anything like that.

Another question I want to ask you, if I already did I missed/forgot your answer.
When you say early access, What do you mean?

A) The menu option that, I think everyone got, to specify standard updates or advanced (early) updates.
B) The early access requiring a signed NDA such as a couple of people violated with videos of VERY early summons
C) Last I heard those who bought FSD would be entered into the EAP but, last I heard Musk say was, "yes, that's still the plan" but it hasn't occurred yet.
D) something else.

B. I am talking about the real Early Access that requires an NDA.

Had they reached out to you yet?

No. It does appear that Tesla has reneged on their promise to add FSD owners into the Early Access program. I assume they were going to do it and then something changed. I know some FSD owners are really pissed about this. You are right to be pissed. Although, I personally am over it now. At this point, I just want my AP3 computer upgrade and I want to get the last 2 FSD features on the list, "traffic light response" and "automatic city driving".

I know some FSD owners are really pissed about this. You are right to be pissed. Although, I personally am over it now. At this point, I just want my AP3 computer upgrade and I want to get the last 2 FSD features on the list, "traffic light response" and "automatic city driving".
Yeah, I am one of them. He seems to be reneging on a lot and, based on responses I've gotten from Model S owners, they are awed by the fact we're just figuring out he speaks out of his ass alot. That was in the thread where I was essentially saying it makes sense this stuff is imminent as pretty much all the pieces are done they just need to be married to the feature. The computer can steer, if it can take an exit ramp it can take a 90 degree turn. etc etc. My other reason was he's a corporate officer, if he is misleading institutional investors that doesn't sit well with SEC and he's already gotten spanked once for it. Oh...we kind of had this conversation huh?
On the other issue I think it was just a couple of months ago on twitter he said it was still the plan (Full Price FSD purchasers would be inducted.

I agree, those 'last two features' even with requirement of hand on the steering wheel, variable torque required (not dumb weight) I'd consider I had FSD. Well, at least enough that I'd stop complaining.

The other reason they should have upgraded pre-purchased FSD owners first we paid full price not the reduced price they are selling it for now. Again, I put the odds greater than zero, we'll get shafted.

Screenshot of the new Adaptive Suspension Damping AUTO mode, on version 2019.40.50.1.

sT0gZjH.jpg