Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text Message Replies don’t work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on 2020.4.1 and I receive text messages but when I go to dictate and reply and click “Send” they never get sent. Ironically if I use the voice control to send a new text, it works fine. iPhone 11 Pro running latest iOS. Anyone else have this issue?

I have rebooted my iPhone, MCU and even repaired via Bluetooth and nothing fixed it.

Reactions: Dssyr
Note the reply function does not work if it is a group text that came in...and you can't tell without looking at the phone (assuming you and your friends use group texts a lot).

In my case (2015 70D, Pixel 2 with Android), I can reply to an MMS message, but the reply only goes to the person who sent the latest message. Which may be OK, depending upon the context and what your intent is.

Reactions: LoudMusic
In my case (2015 70D, Pixel 2 with Android), I can reply to an MMS message, but the reply only goes to the person who sent the latest message. Which may be OK, depending upon the context and what your intent is.
Interesting. My iphone setup will not reply to an iphone group message, but those are group Imessages, not group MMS/SMS messages, so that may be the issue. It definitely replies to imessages and sms messages from single senders.

Does anybody know about this running 2020.8.3 and have an iPhone 11 can send messages through voice Command find but every time I try to reply after listing to message it never sends. It dictates the message and I press send but nothing goes through on my phone

I have an iPhone 6 Plus.....I can receive messages but there is no reply button.....is there something I need to do other than checking the boxes....do I need to delete the phone and add it again?....thanks for any suggestions