Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #27 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed: Consolidation in LiDAR manufacturers; Volvo EX90 shipping with LiDAR; FSD Beta Full Release in N.A.; FSD detecting autopilot cheats, Gwen Shotwell directly overseeing SpaceX Starship; and more. You can watch it now on YouTube. We should have it published to podcast networks shortly.

Text Messages from Wrong person

frankos72

Jun 30, 2021
USA
I've had my new 2021 MY for about 10 days now. This just happend to me today. Showed what I'm guessing is a really old message. I don't know if the "alleged" sender was the original sender. However I responded with voice through the car. This caused a really awkward conversation shortly after.

Phone is a galaxy Note 10.

Darmie

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2016
Clear Lake TX.
Has anyone else been getting a text message from X person, but then the Tesla shows a completely different text from Y person?

The Tesla has been showing/reading me text messages from a person I haven't sent a text to in months. It's very odd.
I like that you are using car names as an example of people.

• Funny
Reactions: tdeno and RNHurt

DDrawer

Mar 25, 2019
PA
Anyone ever figure out a fix or workaround to this issue? Can't believe it still hasn't been addressed after 2 years honestly. I also have an issue where if I'm playing music from my phone bluetooth, the car mic will just not work for some reason. Example: listening to music from my phone BT. Phone call comes in, answer the call with the Car UI, music stops playing, person on the call can't hear me. OR if I try a voice command, it doesn't detect that I'm saying anything. I assume this and the text message issue are somehow related.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC