Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text messages (ghosts)

PatinCT

Mar 24, 2020
CT
The first time I got one of these it was a guy that works for me complaining about something a year and a half ago. My first thought was “not this again, he has to let it go” lol

Reactions: Hilgi

lachambers

May 9, 2020
Lighthouse Point Florida
The first time I got one of these it was a guy that works for me complaining about something a year and a half ago. My first thought was “not this again, he has to let it go” lol
Haha, that is funny. I had three of those happen within a couple of hours of each other. The only way I knew they weren't current was because they didn't show up on my phone just the Tesla screen. I have not seen any of the ghosts appear since I deleted all my texts from the past.

KerryOH

Jan 3, 2018
Lower, Slower Delaware
Anybody know if it still has issues with group chats? Or have they fixed that?

We have a very active family group chat on mostly IOS with a couple of android users... I get the individual messages in the car (including xxx loved a picture notifications) but I never have responded to any of them. I'll try it and follow up.

Hambone68

Mar 22, 2021
Temecula CA
Oh wow, you think that they are old actual text messages that were sent year/s ago?
I can vouch. Happened again to me yesterday. I received a text from my son that was from July 2016.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210512-192739_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210512-192739_Messages.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210512_174515.jpg
    20210512_174515.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 3

PatinCT

Mar 24, 2020
CT
It's definitely worse now... makes the text messaging notification on the screen useless. It's easier to pick up my phone and look. Sometimes 1 text triggers 2-3 old texts now

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC