Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text notifications pulling texts from 2 years ago

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is an issue with Android. I've been following the Android bug tracker for some time. Google seems to not care to fix this. It happens with Android phones on other cars as well not just Tesla.

During my time on the bug tracker email list someone said that the problem stopped if you reset your phone and do NOT restore SMS messages. When I got a new phone, I decided I would not restore SMS when I was copying my data over. Sure enough, it's no longer a problem.

Definitely not an ideal solution for lots of people. Those SMS may be something very personal you don't want to lose. But, the problem is fixed if you do it.

Reactions: M@dHatter
I am here from the future. It is now 2037. I wanted to warn everyone this problem still persists. If you are planning on Tesla fixing this you will be disappointed. I will check back in a few years from 2050 and let you know if it is fixed then.

haha, I clicked on the "+1" in your other link, we're up to 95 people now!

Here's the link again for anyone else: Google Issue Tracker

If you read the comments in the issue tracker link it's happening to other cars like Braumin said.