Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

text, reply "JUNE" or "DELAY"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i just received a text from an Oakland, CA area code asking me if I was ready to take delivery in June. If so, I was to respond "JUNE", otherwise respond "DELAY" with my preferred delivery month. Anyone else gotten this text? It's a little different from the "10 days" or "2-4 weeks" texts I've heard about from others. I have an october 2019 reservation for a white/white/awd/20in/fsd/tow hitch added, and just a few days ago put in a second order for a performance MSM, white int, fsd, no tow hitch. Just did that to see if it would speed things up. Of course now I want one and not both and don't know which they are referring to lol.

• Funny
Reactions: NevadaFrenchy
Got it too!! I’m 15 mins away from the Fremont factory.

Order Date: 1/29/20
White/White 21” PUP FSD

Tesla Update: We are excited to get you behind the wheel of your Model Y soon! If you are ready to take delivery this month, please reply JUNE and we will reach out when it is time to schedule your delivery appointment. If you need to delay delivery, please respond DELAY with your preferred month to take delivery.

For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday

ok from insider scoop..

They are currently producing mainly Black, white cars with black interiors and all options till june 13.
they are trying to figure out what cars to prioritize based on responses from june 15..
Because there are orders with white interiors(low inventory at factory) or tow hitch which takes time and reduces output by 10% per day ..so they are trying to figure out based on responses JUNE or delayed and plan accordingly what colors, interior colors and what options for big end of quarter push ...

remember the order JUNE makes only car produced in JUNE and count towards this quarter..
delivery might be delayed to july first week as well based on location.

• Informative
Reactions: NevadaFrenchy
ok from insider scoop..

They are currently producing mainly Black, white cars with black interiors and all options till june 13.
they are trying to figure out what cars to prioritize based on responses from june 15..
Because there are orders with white interiors(low inventory at factory) or tow hitch which takes time and reduces output by 10% per day ..so they are trying to figure out based on responses JUNE or delayed and plan accordingly what colors, interior colors and what options for big end of quarter push ...

remember the order JUNE makes only car produced in JUNE and count towards this quarter..
delivery might be delayed to july first week as well based on location.

My vote is for Blue MY with trailer hitch!

I just got this same text today. Ordered 2/2, then added hitch, then 6/1 removed hitch thinking it would get me my MY faster. I replied with June, but I have not gotten any response back. Text below.

Tesla Update - Our records currently show that you are not planning to take delivery of your Model Y for at least a month.

Motor Trend says that Model Y Long Range "reacts to the accelerator pedal application like you're squeezing the trigger of a slot car."

2020 Tesla Model Y Long Range First Drive Review: Bring the Family

Reply JUNE if you are interested in taking delivery of your Model Y this month.

I just got this same text today. Ordered 2/2, then added hitch, then 6/1 removed hitch thinking it would get me my MY faster. I replied with June, but I have not gotten any response back. Text below.

Tesla Update - Our records currently show that you are not planning to take delivery of your Model Y for at least a month.

Motor Trend says that Model Y Long Range "reacts to the accelerator pedal application like you're squeezing the trigger of a slot car."

2020 Tesla Model Y Long Range First Drive Review: Bring the Family

Reply JUNE if you are interested in taking delivery of your Model Y this month.
Sticking with the "average family" shtick for that whole article was torture.

I also got a text a few days ago asking if I was ready in June. My MY was ordered late October 2019. Red, black interior, AWD Performance 19" wheels, FSD, and added a tow hitch a month ago or whenever it was available. I didn't hear anything further after replying June to the text.

Back in March, I put a hold on my order until July. I received the "JUNE" text today, with one difference: No mention of a "DELAY" option. Guessing that, since I'm still in a delay-state until next month, giving me the option to delay would be redundant?