Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text to finish funding or lose VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in Texas and just got the text below.. has anyone else received this? I went into my account but there isn’t a VIN, even in the source code, so I can’t really finish the loan or get insurance. I connected with the delivery chat support, and he said I should see a VIN/MVPA in 10 minutes, but it still hasn’t appeared. Since they said I only have 24 hours to finish the payment this is super confusing.

Tesla Update - We are still waiting on funding for your Model Y. In Texas, your vehicle must be funded in full before we can move the car into the state for your June delivery.

In the next 24 hours, please pay any personal balance owed at tesla.com/teslaaccount and email images of your lenders check and their proof of shipping to [email protected]

Without funding, we may need to release your VIN for another waiting customer and delay your delivery by several weeks.

Thank you for your quick attention on these outstanding items. We look forward to getting you behind the wheel of your new Model Y very soon!

I didnt get a text like that, but I still owe a balance on mine. I called the SC and asked if I bring in a personal check on Monday (my delivery day) if that is OK, and was told "Oh, yeah, no problem at all. Just not a credit card". Now with the reference to Texas in your text may make your situation different than mine.

I didnt get a text like that, but I still owe a balance on mine. I called the SC and asked if I bring in a personal check on Monday (my delivery day) if that is OK, and was told "Oh, yeah, no problem at all. Just not a credit card". Now with the reference to Texas in your text may make your situation different than mine.

Yeah it’s different here, I’m pretty sure I need my lender to pay Tesla for the total amount before they’ll start the delivery process to Texas. But can’t do any of that until I have VIN and MVPA. I reached out to my delivery advisor but he’s never responded within 24 hours so I’m gonna check in with the chat team if I haven’t seen anything in the next hour. The chat advisor did say I had a VIN assigned when I chatted in, but I’ve never been able to see it in my account.

I’m in Texas and just got the text below.. has anyone else received this? I went into my account but there isn’t a VIN, even in the source code, so I can’t really finish the loan or get insurance. I connected with the delivery chat support, and he said I should see a VIN/MVPA in 10 minutes, but it still hasn’t appeared. Since they said I only have 24 hours to finish the payment this is super confusing.

Tesla Update - We are still waiting on funding for your Model Y. In Texas, your vehicle must be funded in full before we can move the car into the state for your June delivery.

In the next 24 hours, please pay any personal balance owed at tesla.com/teslaaccount and email images of your lenders check and their proof of shipping to [email protected]

Without funding, we may need to release your VIN for another waiting customer and delay your delivery by several weeks.

Thank you for your quick attention on these outstanding items. We look forward to getting you behind the wheel of your new Model Y very soon!

I called the local delivery shop in Raleigh NC and talked to a human. That was the only way I got any real information. They told me where the Y was, when it would be delivered and told me I could bring a check to the appointment to pay the balance. I picked it up this week, paid and it was easy. I was very frustrated until I got on the phone and finally talked to a real person.

Yeah it’s different here, I’m pretty sure I need my lender to pay Tesla for the total amount before they’ll start the delivery process to Texas. But can’t do any of that until I have VIN and MVPA. I reached out to my delivery advisor but he’s never responded within 24 hours so I’m gonna check in with the chat team if I haven’t seen anything in the next hour. The chat advisor did say I had a VIN assigned when I chatted in, but I’ve never been able to see it in my account.

Same for me - they need full funding before they ship to Texas. Remember that they are not selling you a car in Texas - they sell it in CA . That is why we, in Texas, can not apply for state EV rebate.