Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Text vs Email notifications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see everyone writing about receiving text mssgs for notifications, etc.
I "chatted" w/Tesla a few weeks ago telling them that I cannot receive text mssgs where i am, asking to contact me via email instead. Since then I've heard nothing.
Just wondering if anyone use email instead of text to communicate.

White MY, FSD, LR. Ordered Nov. 2019

In my experience, emailing Tesla is basically like tossing something into a black hole. The exception is Tesla Shop support, which I was told was email-only. In this case, getting a response to email took, as of January, ~4 weeks (literally).

My SA Cristy only emails. Not trying to be rude, but she is bad at her job. She said, “I will contact you every 48 hours to keep you in the loop.” I paid for my car in full a week ago. Haven’t heard anything from her.

my buddy gets regular text updates from his SA. Ordered weeks after me and already had delivery scheduled. All done via text.

My SA Cristy only emails. Not trying to be rude, but she is bad at her job. She said, “I will contact you every 48 hours to keep you in the loop.” I paid for my car in full a week ago. Haven’t heard anything from her.

my buddy gets regular text updates from his SA. Ordered weeks after me and already had delivery scheduled. All done via text.

Mine is supposed to be delivered from KC early next week. I live in OKC and have the same advisor.