Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Textile/Fabric Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went for the textile seats because living in an area with cold winters and scorching summers, I didn’t want to deal with the downsides of leather/leatherette. With the combination of the textile seats and leatherette bolsters/headrest, I think the seats look amazing. The headliner/dash isn’t Alcantara/Ultrasuede but the material they use is still very good looking and a step up in quality from the headliner in the Model 3. I’d have preferred the figured ash or carbon fiber over the dark ash because of the latter’s uncanny ability to pick up scratches easily, but I stand by my choice. An all black interior always looks good.

Just some general comments: when I was considering options for my purchase in December, I was a little nervous about the textile seats. I came from an total economy car (Nissan Versa), so I was thinking that textile meant something really cheap like that car. I was very pleasantly surprised that the seats were not cheap at all. They've felt really solid and comfortable in the ~3000 miles I've used the car. I like that the textile is textured so that it keeps my body in place and propped in an ergonomic position. The leather seats I used in a 2015 model were just too smooth and I would slide around a bit too much while the car was in motion. Otherwise, the seats so far have stayed clean and looking sharp, and I'm not worried about maintaining them like I might with leather.

Highly recommend the textile seats.

My wife's 2012 S came with leather; we didn't have a choice. Most of our previous cars had been fabric. The leather was OK, but we noticed it being hotter in summer and colder in winter, and showing wrinkles and stains more easily. Plus it costs more. The only advantage to leather that we could see was that some spills were easier to clean.

We traded that car for a 2017 X with textile seats. We love the look and feel of the microfiber. I will be getting a 3 when my S lease is up, and I hope fabric is available for it too.