Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Textile or leather?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have textile and I think their fine. I think any negative re sale is made up in the lower sale price to start. And when you consider I started 20% off the top to start because I bought an inventory car I'm fine.

I don't see Tesla offering colored textile seats anytime soon. They've been cutting down "unnecessary" options to streamline the production process. I doubt colored textile seats will help with that unless there are tons of people demanding it. The next gen seats were an absolutely necessary addition though.

I'm going to have to go to the showroom and check out the "next gen" seats sometime... because I really liked the original seats! I'm hoping the next gen seats didn't make them more scooped or bolstered, but if they did, I guess I'm glad I got the model I got.

I really liked the original seats! I'm hoping the next gen seats didn't make them more scooped or bolstered, but if they did, I guess I'm glad I got the model I got.

The Next Gen seats have much more prominent side bolsters and a slightly more concave base so that you "sit into them" more. That's why so many people say they prefer them. But it sounds like you don't want that. At this point the "old" seats are still coming standard in all models. How long that will be the case I have no idea.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the seat material, but the seat heaters seem to work much more quickly in my MS (textile) than our previous cars that have had leather seats. Unfortunately I haven't done a comparison test with a leather-seated Tesla. I'm thinking that the leather would be more of an insulator and make the seats take longer to warm up. My butt is toasty warm within 30 seconds on the Textile seats.

I'm here! My car has spent most of it's life at the MF paint protection film place, but let me tell you, the Obeche and textile is gorgeous. I'm so glad I chose this combo. I'll get some pics for you tomorrow when I get my car back.

Definitely leaning towards that combo. Was just catching up on posts, sorry to hear about the paint protection ordeal. Looks like good feedback from other professionals. Hopefully smooth sailing from this point on

Textile af this end and mainly due to very hot and cold temps for leather and also due to not being interested in using animals for chairs if not realy necessary.

its very interesting to see that Tesla is pretty much the only car maker that doesn't force you into leather seats if you buy all other top level luxury assecories available. I personally feel this has something to do with the fact that they expected many buyers to be "environmental conscious" many of whom have aversion against using animals for seats for the same reason....
just my take...

Textile af this end and mainly due to very hot and cold temps for leather and also due to not being interested in using animals for chairs if not realy necessary. its very interesting to see that Tesla is pretty much the only car maker that doesn't force you into leather seats if you buy all other top level luxury assecories available. I personally feel this has something to do with the fact that they expected many buyers to be "environmental conscious" many of whom have aversion against using animals for seats for the same reason....just my take...

Think so, too. Wish they'd offer in earth tones though..........would pay extra for this low volume option.

Say, has anyone investigated whether oem textile seats can be removed and sold, and a custom option installed for a reasonable cost? Might be hard to get a coordinated interior color scheme though........