Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Textile Seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello.

I know there have been many threads about Textile Seats vs the Leather Seats so in that vein, my apologies for starting another one but most of the threads are from 2014. I am really stuck between Textile or Leather. My problem is that Tesla cannot find any textile seat equipped vehicles ANYWHERE in Texas for me to try.

I would really appreciate more recent feedback of impressions of the textile seats in comparison to the next generation leather seats.

Thanks!

I love my textile seats. Had a loaner yesterday that had leather seats and they were too cold, the seat heater took too long to warm up (they can get too hot almost immediately in textile) and later on I was too hot and sweaty. Just my opinion!

Agree with the above. I couldn't find a loaner with textile either but after getting textile and driving 6 different Teslas with next gen, I'm pleased with my choice. It feels more like leather than cloth -- durable and easy to keep clean.

Hello.

I know there have been many threads about Textile Seats vs the Leather Seats so in that vein, my apologies for starting another one but most of the threads are from 2014. I am really stuck between Textile or Leather. My problem is that Tesla cannot find any textile seat equipped vehicles ANYWHERE in Texas for me to try.

I would really appreciate more recent feedback of impressions of the textile seats in comparison to the next generation leather seats.

Thanks!

Just took delivery of a 2016 with textile. I had them on the 2014 as well. No regrets, they are comfortable, easy to keep clean, and the best part is they wear really well.

Before ordering textile seats on my Model X, I looked up as much as I could on peoples experience with them on the Model S threads. I did not find a single person who regretted getting them and many thought they were better than leather.

I have textile seats, and I test-drove the nextgen leather seats a couple of times. The textile seats are fine for me, and I prefer the feel to leather. I also suspect textile will be more durable than leather: I've noticed quite a bit of wear on the seats in videos of older TMS. But I felt more cradled or cocooned in the nextgen seats. One older post here described nextgen as sitting in the seat, vs sitting on the older seats.

My wife really likes leather (mostly for appearance) so that's what we have in her car; but most of our cars in the past have been cloth and I still miss that - cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, usually (though not always) hides stains better, less likely to fade or get wrinkly or cracked over time.

I've not taken a long drive in a car with textile seat, but I have spent a little time sitting in a few of them and I really like them. If I was to order a Model S for myself I'd get textile.

My MS has the fabric seats. I was a little concerned when I was looking to buy it. However, during my 1259 mile drive home, I found them very comfortable. After sitting for so !long, I did not find myself sticking to the seat like I would have on leather. With the adjustments and the lumbar support, I had no complaints.

I got the Next Gen Tan leather seats. They are extremely comfortable, and don't have a basis for comparison with textile because I haven't experienced the textile seats. A note on the wear - like with anything you own that is leather : shoes, bags etc you need to periodically maintain it and apply mink oil or other such things to keep the leather moisturized and in the best of health.

The next gens are amazing seats and a lot of people really love them. However, the textile seats are softer vs leather. Also it is harder to enter and exit a Tesla with the Next Gen seats. Next gen I tried once- the notable points were good support, but harder to get in/out of. Both pro and con were very obvious.

I am very happy with my textile. I am so happy I have such a unique seat and material. Occasionally though the head angle feels slightly too forward for me. Usually it feels very comfortable, but notice that now and then.

After 72,000 miles the textile seats in my Model S look just as good (and are still as comfortable) as when it was new. I have driven many loaners with leather seating (original and Next Gen) and have no regrets about choosing the textile seats. Personally I believe money is better spent on other options than leather seating, but to each his (or her) own!