Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tezlab & Phantom Drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting thread - I have become aware that my Peugeot e208 doesn’t seem to have any obvious drain of power (but that’s maybe because I can’t even get my official App to talk with the car ☹️).

In contrast, I do get a lot of phantom drain on the Tesla - 5% in the last 24 hours (I also have sentry set off at home due to cctv) and wondered whether, as well as Teslafi, EV.energy might be causing some of it - has anyone determined that? I’m guessing it must be interacting with the car pretty often to check to see if it should be initiating a charge. I’d be prepared to stop using Teslafi but I don't want to lose the EV.energy app functionality.

Just an observation: I’m wondering why people have mostly stuck to referring to losses in percentages. Tesla gives that 1% typical loss as a very broad brush guide to losses because there are lots of variations. However, when referring to real life losses on an actual vehicle it seems more sensible to always use kWh where possible. The reason is that 1% of one Tesla’s battery is not always the same as for another. For example a 1% loss in a P100D is almost double that of a Model 3 SR+.

phantom drain.jpg