TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

TGMY electrified Mitsuoka Himiko boasts 550 km range

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by domenick, Feb 4, 2011.

1. domenick

domenick Nerd

TGMY has converted a Mitsuoka Himiko with an Azure Dynamics motor and controller and a two-speed gearbox. Range is said to be 550 km (341.8 miles). They start taking orders this fall. I love the way this car looks and wish it had the UQM 200 kW instead (or any other 200 kW liquid-cooled induction motor). I suspect the AD might only be good for 90 kW.

himiko-ev-630.jpg

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

kWh ? They only say "4x the previous model"... whatever that was...

3. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

That is pretty cool. I'll fetch me pipe and slippers.

4. domenick

domenick Nerd

They don't say exactly how many kWhs. I tried to calculate and came up with around 54 kWh but it seems unlikely it's that much more efficient than the Tesla Roadster.

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Remember this?
    Brutsch%20Mopetta.jpg