Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Th!nk Ox

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cobos

Model S owner since 2013
Supporting Member
Jun 22, 2007
Oslo, Norway
Pictures of the new 5 seat Think

It seems one of Norways largest newspapers got an exclusive, at least they got some outside pictures of the new Think.
The article is in Norwegian and has a very few details, mostly talking about how the car will be online, and you will unlock it with a memorystick (they call it DNA stick?), which has all your settings as well as your music etc.
It should be offered with 3 different battery options, and they are essentially designing the car to be able to accept different batteries as they come available, a bit like todays 2-door Think I suppose.

Cobos

Last edited:
1204627654511_851.jpg

Supposedly the new platform can be made into a MPV or a coupe/crossover. The picture above is the MPV. Follow this link for more pictures among them one of the coupe version.
The earlier article talked about a range over 125miles for the new version.

Cobos

Looks good. The memory stick feature is the next best thing to biometrics.

I would th!nk these are other desired features:

front wheel drive
energy recuperation and solar roof panel
5 star crash rating
multi variable frame concepts

Gvwr

Hmmm...five seats perhaps. But the car's weight rating leaves only 771lbs (350kg) for passengers and cargo. That's an average of 155lbs/person assuming nobody brings anything along. Would probably work for a family with kids, but I wouldn't recommend taking one's big old tailgating buddies (and their cooler) to the game in it...

Good point Hunter, but keep in mind that if I'm not mistaken Norwegian weight for the car is usually listed including the weight of the driver. Hence the extra 350kg should be divided by 4 not 5 and unless your buddies are very heavy I suppose loading the car with 30kg more than spec isn't going to ruin it's handling. And I doubt the cops would start weighing the car :)

Cobos

What's the source for that announcement ? Usually there are several leaks for most of Thinks announcements so start looking on the 17th or 18th :)

Hmm and considering the price differential between US and Norwegian prices maybe I should buy an Ox in the US and import it back to Norway? :)

Cobos

What's the source for that announcement ? Usually there are several leaks for most of Thinks announcements so start looking on the 17th or 18th :)

Hmm and considering the price differential between US and Norwegian prices maybe I should buy an Ox in the US and import it back to Norway? :)

Cobos

Cobos, do you pay income taxes in Norway? Seriously, the worst we pay around here is about 40% when looking at federal, state, and local taxes. You're consumption taxes must really suck. Do you pay taxes on income?

Income tax - Check
Sales tax/VAT - Check
Property tax - Some places check
Capital gains Tax - Check
Inheritance Tax - Check
Stamp tax/real estate transfer tax - Check
Payroll tax - Check
Net worth tax - Check

"Gotta collect them all" :)

Still I don't mind as the relatively high tax rate pays for many public services. Our economic system is the poster child for a welfare state system. And even with all these taxes my total tax payment was just 28% last year. That includes my part of income tax, property tax, capital gains tax and net worth tax. That does exclude the 25% sales tax but you never see that since it's always included in the price of stuff. It's a different mindset I suppose.

Cobos

Cobos:

4.6 Million Norski can agree (roughly) on what they want. It helps that Norway is still a net oil exporter.

Three Americans can't agree on where to go for lunch. It's better to let each of us get his own.

About the Ox:

It looks nice, but computer modeling and animation are getting cheaper every day. Do they have a working prototype or just mockups? Where is my salt shaker?

I have said for years that an electric car must: 1) Seat at least four. 2) It must go twice my daily commute distance at freeway speeds with the air conditioner on between charges. 3) It has to have a reasonable price.

Two out of three won't do it. Notice that of the cars produced for the ZEV mandate in the '90s only one met two of those criteria. The others were very expensive third cars.

There's no mention of air conditioning. In Dallas, especially with those clear roof panels, air conditioning is a necessity.

The PV roof panel is a concept car type frill. It might power ventilation fans while the car is parked.

It would be nice if it were real. That's yet another reason why I'm dubious.

Last edited:
The Think city has AC (as an optional extra) and considering the Ox is their upmarket model I can't imagine AC wont be an option. Well except for it perhaps being standard equipment. The AC will steal range miles though, nothing you can do with that. The Ox is not only a computer rendering, it at least exists in a physical form as a concept. If that one is driveable is another issue entirely.
All indications coming out of Think implies that the Ox could be reality in a short while. I'll see if I can ask them on saturday.

Cobos

PS: And us Norwegians don't agree on much, we've got 7 major political parties in the parliament for crying out loud.

Pity the deal for Tesla to supply ESS's to Th!nk fell through. This could've been Bluestar.

Th!nk's New City retails here for £14,000 plus £100 per month battery lease. I guess the Ox will be a similar deal.

As Think is battery-agnostic I suppose they could always do a deal again with Tesla further down the road when they can start building the Ox. Keeping in mind the GE angle though I believe that train has left.

Cobos