Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Th!nk (Think) EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Electric car manufacturer Think Global bankrupt

Google Translation :

The Norwegian electric car manufacturer Think Global had unpleasant because of a sluggish U.S. business and ongoing log of the unsuccessful search for new investors now insolvent. The company builds the Think City electric compact car. The electric car has room for up to four people and has a battery charge to a range of 160 kilometers. According to a report in the Financial Times the company had to go the step into bankruptcy, as investors search was not successful.

Was able in 2010, Think Global is expanding in the U.S. and built in the U.S. plant in Elkhart, electric cars, but not successfully sell the environmentally friendly vehicles. The U.S. battery maker Ener1 owns a 33 percent to Think Global in May and was skeptical about the future of the electric car manufacturer. In the U.S., the economy is doing relatively well while back but the drivers prefer to buy cars with high fuel consumption and high performance instead of fuel-saving electric cars. The Think City electric small car can not be acquired so far in Germany.

Published on: June 24th, 2011

original here (german)

Think Global EV company bankrupt for the fourth time

Think’s US operations are now also under a cloud as a result of the bankruptcy. Last year the company opened a new factory in Elkhart, Indiana with plans to ramp up production to 2500 vehicle per year and increase its workforce to 415 people. So far, sales have fallen well short of predictions.

Think Global has struggled since Ford Motor Co. withdrew from the business in 2003. It almost died during the global financial crisis but secured funding in 2009 and recommenced production later that year.

Probably because Think has always been good at designing products just not building and selling them. Neither effective marketing for that matter. I'm starting to realize that the Think City for a city vehicle is pretty good.
The dent and scratchfree plastic panels. The much longer range during winter then every competitor (except Tesla of course), and the city and parking friendly size of the car.
They always had problems actually delivering cars to customers.

Cobos

LOL excited to have seen a cute blue Th!nk on the road today. We were either on 85N or 17 towards Hamilton when I spotted it. Was in great looking condition, rear window looked good, and blue body didn't look faded. It had some sticker on the side window which made us think maybe it was a used dealer resale. Woman driver with brown hair. I was torn between trying to get a better look at it or searching for my phone in my purse to get a photo. Watched the car instead and was going to give a thumbs up to the driver but I didn't catch her eye before we passed her.

Thanks to attending an EV event in Cupertino this past summer I knew what the car was and how rare it is to see them on the road even in Silicon Valley. Still wish I got the photo on the blue car today but for anyone unfamiliar with Th!nk City here's the red Th!nk I saw at the EV event. Really appreciated the owner bringing his out for the event.

IMG_4155.JPG

IMG_4157.JPG

Last edited: