Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thank God for Bio-Weapon Defense Mode!

Does anybody use Bio-Weapon Defense Mode?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Peteybabes

redneck drivin' a tesla...
Apr 8, 2016
'murica
Sitting at a traffic light about a half hour ago and the guy in front of me was burning oil real bad and chugging smoke.

Turned on Bio-Weapon Defense Mode and only got a brief whiff of the truck then it went away. What I'm impressed by is that it removes all smells so that you're left sniffing the air trying to smell something, lol!

I also work right across the street from the Columbus Airport (CMH) and have waves of jet fuel fumes that come over if the wind is blowing the wrong direction or if you happen to be driving down the road at the end of the runway right after a plane has taken off. I've got headaches from this in the past because it was so overpowering, but not anymore! :D
bioweapondefensemodeactive!.jpg

Sitting at a traffic light about a half hour ago and the guy in front of me was burning oil real bad and chugging smoke.

Turned on Bio-Weapon Defense Mode and only got a brief whiff of the truck then it went away. What I'm impressed by is that it removes all smells so that you're left sniffing the air trying to smell something, lol!

I also work right across the street from the Columbus Airport (CMH) and have waves of jet fuel fumes that come over if the wind is blowing the wrong direction or if you happen to be driving down the road at the end of the runway right after a plane has taken off. I've got headaches from this in the past because it was so overpowering, but not anymore! :D
View attachment 226656
Love the cubby drawer! Want to get one, how affective has it been? Don't have PUP:(

I've written before how impressed I was that my friend's HazMat6/DefCon5-grade stinky socks were completely defeated by the Bio filter in about 45 seconds, but -

I was really disheartened to find the son of (another) close friend has got himself a coal roller. One with a ten- or twelve-inch straight pipe vertical out of the truck bed. It took all my bearing not to let him have it.

That said, I am considering staging a scene, with pix, where he tries his unspeakably moronic trick in front of Chitty Chitty Shush Shush. I'll not smell a thing!

Love the cubby drawer! Want to get one, how affective has it been? Don't have PUP:(

Yeah this is the Cubby Drawer that DAERik reviewed:

Need to contact Norman Roberts who handcrafts these beauties @ [email protected] the message i received from him:

"I have available cubby drawer with black faux leather exteriors and red, blue or gray interiors .

Price 85.00 delivered in USA , 90.00 to Canada PayPal to [email protected], please send your name, address and inside color choice with payment.

Approx 7 days to build and mail.

Handles are all the Tesla T logo

Thanks / Norm"

Options shown below:

cubby1.jpg
interior option2.jpg
interior option3.jpg

Yeah this is the Cubby Drawer that DAERik reviewed:

Need to contact Norman Roberts who handcrafts these beauties @ [email protected] the message i received from him:

"I have available cubby drawer with black faux leather exteriors and red, blue or gray interiors .

Price 85.00 delivered in USA , 90.00 to Canada PayPal to [email protected], please send your name, address and inside color choice with payment.

Approx 7 days to build and mail.

Handles are all the Tesla T logo

Thanks / Norm"

Options shown below:

View attachment 226659 View attachment 226660 View attachment 226661
Thanks of the info. Was thinking of getting norms and heard great things on @Daerik's channel . Huge fan of his channel by the way.

That absolutely is true but removing inside odors, like those of my friend's socks, requires high-performance circulation-filtering. It would be interesting to learn if a non-Biohazard system would be effective if one placed it in "Recirc" mode.

I wasn't sure how to answer your poll. On the one hand, not smelling anything is absolutely one of my favorite features - I wasn't expecting to care as much as I do before I got it.

However, I actually don't engage Bioweapon mode very often - I mostly find that the filtration through the Bio filters is sufficient to keep me from smelling anything without switching to the mode unless the source is inside the car.

I wasn't sure how to answer your poll. On the one hand, not smelling anything is absolutely one of my favorite features - I wasn't expecting to care as much as I do before I got it.

However, I actually don't engage Bioweapon mode very often - I mostly find that the filtration through the Bio filters is sufficient to keep me from smelling anything without switching to the mode unless the source is inside the car.

sorry i probably should have added a 3rd option as i don't drive with it on all of the time, but when needed...

i remember watching a video of several guys "hot-boxing" (smoking weed in the car) a model x. they then turned on bio-weapon defense mode and you could watch the smoke getting sucked away and a few minutes later the new-car smell was back. :)

Also, didn't Tesla put a model x in a gas filled bubble with passengers wearing gas masks? if i remember correctly all of the gas was cleaned out of the inside of the model x and inside the bubble!! the passengers could take their masks off and breath just fine...so in conclusion the system must work together with the 2 carbon activated filters to remove all excess smells and dangerous fumes.