TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Thank you for the window washer at the Centralia Supercharger!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by ohmman, Aug 19, 2015.

1. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

I came through Centralia today and stopped to charge (Wednesday morning, between 10-11am, I was the only one there). I was thrilled to find a bucket with fresh soapy water and a squeegee in the middle of the lot.

I don't see any references to this on this forum, but just wanted to throw out a huge thanks to the generous individual who did that. My bug-laden road trip windshield was thrilled, as was I.

2. golfski

golfski Member

+1

I have benefitted from this as well at Centralia a few times.

3. Nevek

Nevek Overt Member

Agreed, it was very handy for me on a couple of long trips. I've since learned to carry a spray bottle and microfiber for the other SC pit stops.

Sounds like an advertising opportunity-your business name on a wash bucket at SC sites!

4. freds

freds Member

+1 Also seen it.

I visited a local business down there and took the owner for a brief speed run. He said his son was going to be so jealous and I suggest the son hang out there and offer two bucket bug removal car washes....

5. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

I've stopped there (but the bucket was empty at the time).
    It would be nice for local businesses to offer a window washing bucket (and an advertising opportunity).
    I'd also like to see picnic tables so I can sit outside (and perhaps have a snack) while charging.
    As it is, the only thing I miss about gas stations is the window washers so I carry a container of window washing cloths in the car.
    Amazon.com: Stoner 90164 Glass Cleaner Wipe: Automotive

6. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

That's nice. I really wish Centralia had better food options. The last stop there for lunch was scary. :)

- K

7. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

Have you tried Burgerville? It's on the other side of the freeway - worth a trip through the drive through before stopping at the Supercharger.

8. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Definitely not worth walking (which I did). And my luck wasn't very good on the food, either. Seems promising for the genre, though, so maybe we were there on a bad day.

Corning is as bad or worse than Centralia. The best Supercharger food anywhere? A picnic.

9. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Disagree. Olive Pit. Easy to spend an hour there.

10. lorih

lorih Member

He means easy to spend money there! Free olive oil tasting, but then we buy olives, oil, etc....

11. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I was there today for the first time, and the bucket and squeegee was there.