TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Thank you, for your help -- just placed my order!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Argelius, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Argelius

Argelius Member

Thanks for everyone's patience with answering questions that had probably already been answered a gazillion times before.

After 2 test drives and about 1000 hours ruminating on every decision, I just placed my order. Whoo-who!

S85
    Grey exterior (seriously considered Pearl White, since I've had so many grey cars, but just love the car in this color)*
    Grey interior (I've never had anything but black interiors and wanted to make a move to something different)*
    Matte Obeche
    Panorama Roof
    Standard Rims
    Standard Stereo (I listened to both systems and really didn't hear that much difference, except when boosting the bass really, really high)*
    Tech Package (I, mean, does anyone EVER get this car without that?)
    Air Suspension (Advice I received here and elsewhere really pushed me toward this one)
    Parking Sensors

*Items that I'll spend the next two weeks questioning....

Yay. Glad that's over with. Now I can get back to my real life and thinking of something else (until I get a delivery date....)

2. texex91

texex91 Banned

EXCITING!! Congrats in advance. I hope to going you this coming Friday.

You can also send your order directly to production and not have to wait two weeks, just FYI.

3. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Congrats! Try not to second guess your color choice (impossible I know). Grey looks really nice and can't go wrong with any of the colors actually.

4. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

2 (two) test drives? :)

5. Argelius

Argelius Member

Thanks --knew that. I'll give my decision 24 hours to marinate and then do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks --knew that. I'll give my decision 24 hours to marinate and then do that.

6. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

Congratulations! Your build looks great, you won't be dissapointed (my build is the same, save the parking sensors... and the colors).

7. doctrewho

doctrewho Member

Awesome config. My friend has the grey interior, its very nice. It goes really well with the Matte Obeche.

8. Jack_L

Jack_L Member

I have a Grey/Grey S85 that just moved to "In Production" yesterday! Scheduled to pick up in 3 weeks (if no changes). Can't wait!!

9. TT_Lambo

TT_Lambo Member

Congrats!

What VIN did you get?

10. sublimaze1

sublimaze1 8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins

1000 huh? I would say you are in good company with that number !!!

11. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

Quick, let's all second guess these choices, I mean White is awesome and Grey completely understates the car to th point it looks like a Civic... and Grey interior? Are you sure? :biggrin:

Just giving you a hard time... seriously though Congrats! You will love your car, and now you have the added knowledge of knowing you helped design it. :love: