Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thank you Jerome

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is that Jerome is/was the person OPPOSING these seriously customer alienating measures. Hence his withdrawal/dismissal.

That's a pessimistic interpretation. As a pessimist, I am therefore inclined to believe that you're right. :-( But I hope you're wrong.

Jerome fixed something for me early on, when I got sent the unacceptable "old" version of the "Telematics Services Agreement" and almost cancelled my order over it -- he stepped in, said "Wait, that's not the current version", and sent me the then-current paperwork which I was happy to sign.

He's a good guy and unfortunately he probably can't be cloned. He did try to do too much personally, and Tesla may need someone with better delegation / hiring abilities.

What actually needs to happen is that someone with the great attitude of Jerome needs to be running every single department, and a super manager needs to be coordinating them. This... doesn't seem to be the trend so far, though.

Is he gone gone? Last I heard, he was taking a leave of absence, but should have been back around now.

He is gone and not coming back. Very unfortunate.

Wasn't it obvious from last earnings call?

And then, in addition, Jon McNeill has joined as Head of Global Sales and Service. And Jon is the former CEO of Enservio. He's been named sort of Most Admired CEO in the small and midsize company category. In fact, I believe this is the first time in maybe a decade or more that Jon actually has not been head of the company that he's working at. So – and before Enservio, he co-founded Sterling Collision, where he was able to reduce industry repair times by 90%, so the average repair time went from 18 days to less than 2 days while growing the business at 40% year. So, I think Jon's an awesome addition to the team as well. And he's actually – he's been doing great. He's been working now part-time at Tesla for a few months and just started full-time and has already done a lot of good.

Thanks mods for moving these recent posts here....Never hurts to say 'thanks Jerome' again. I am sure his stress levels are less now then they would be if he were the point man for the X inquires....:wink:

I'm sad to hear of Jerome's permanent departure from Tesla. I kind of suspected as much when he takes this much time off right before the critical Model X launch. Jerome intervention was critical in my Model S inventory car purchase. To me, his words and actions were that of a customer advocate within Tesla. Thanks, Jerome, and best of luck in your future endeavor.