TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Thank you Tesla .. .finally touch up paint that can actually be used on the site.

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by steve841, May 29, 2014.

1. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Tesla finally changed the touch up paint offering.

I previously purchased the touch up pen sold on the Tesla site. Absolutely useless. BEYOND useless.

Now, they are offering the more current pen/brush combo bottle.

Enjoy.

2. RandyS

RandyS Fan of Elon

Thanks...May add it onto another order, but not going to pay $9 shipping for a $20 touch up paint...

3. olanmills

olanmills Member

NOTE: It is not recommended that you use touch up paint on the site!!! Your monitor will be ruined!

4. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Yeah ... made sense up until the point I posted it. :confused:

5. markb1

markb1 Active Member

Is the difference basically just the applicator? From my understanding, you should not use the pen applicator or the brush applicator, anyway. I've certainly had bad results with a brush applicator on a previous car.

Here's the anal way to apply touch up paint:

Paint Chip Touch-up -- /DRIVE CLEAN - YouTube

6. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

That's great. I got the touch-up pen thing and immediately found it to be terrible. I had been trying to figure out how to efficiently extract the paint without wasting too much of it. I've been planning to try out Langka (essentially you blob on the paint and then carefully smooth it in so it's flush), and you need to be able to dab on the paint. The results look great online and reviews are generally positive. I've done something similar with Dr Colorchip on a previous car, but it was a lot of work if the chip was deep.

Anyway, thanks for the notice.

7. Atebit

Atebit Member

Hmm, maybe the SC will let me seep out my unused pen for the new style? I guess it's worth a try.