TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Thank You Tesla!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jdjeff88, Sep 6, 2017.

1. jdjeff88

jdjeff88 Member

4EDE4782-F111-4211-9EE4-B83EA7FF42EE.JPG so Harvey came and took away my Tesla and the first floor of my house, furniture, clothes, appliances, walls, floors....everything. Everyone safe and we were very lucky. Spent the last 5 days pulling it all out. When I showed up at the house today to start working again there was a box sitting on my former kitchen floor. A UPS from Tesla. It was my referral prize! Tesla luggage!! Having lost all of my luggage and needing to take a trip next week it was unbelievably timely. Next stop, clothes to put in it. I also ordered a replacement Tesla last night. All around a positive day in a week of not so great.

• Like x 6
    • Love x 3
  2. Struja

Struja Member

Glad you are ok. "Things" can be replaced.

• Like x 1
  3. jdjeff88

jdjeff88 Member

Absolutely. So many without flood insurance or resources or help. Houston is responding with some much for those who need it the most. I have nothing...nothing to complain about. Just found it funny with so little to laugh about to have my long forgotten prize to show up in all of this.

• Love x 1
  4. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Member

Man... that post is an all time classic! You have a great attitude... I hope you and your friends and family get things sorted quickly.

Now may I interest you in a referral code for your next tesla? I have to get my hands on that sweet ass luggage... lol

I'm just kidding by the way... too soon?

• Love x 1
  5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

@jdjeff88 - so so sorry! I'm glad that you and yours are all safe. And I admire your attitude :).

• Like x 1
  6. croman

croman Active Member

I love the plate. Sad that the car was flooded but I know @Btr_ftw feels your pain.

7. T_E_S_L_A

T_E_S_L_A Member

So sorry for your loss...but of course as others have replied - so very happy that y'all are okay and survived that horrible ordeal. And what a terrific attitude! Best to you and others affected by the hurricane. Here's to a speedy return to normalcy for you and your family. Enjoy your new Tesla...and the beautiful luggage.

8. jdjeff88

jdjeff88 Member

Nope, not too soon. Perfect.

The funny thing is that I completely forgot that my prize was coming. They notified me months ago. But last night after I ordered my Tesla I started combing through old posts seeing what should expect from my HW 2.5 car and remembered that I had earned a referral prize but never received it. Literally the next day and it was there. So weird.

9. jdjeff88

jdjeff88 Member

To be sure I am going to keep the luggage sealed in plastic...until I'm sure the threat of water (and mold) has receded. My 86 year old grandmother in law evacuated to our house from Corpus to escape the storm, and then she and we had to be evacuated by the Cajun Navy. So someone is probably more deserving of the luggage than me!