TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jacobp, Sep 10, 2013.

1. jacobp

jacobp Member

About a week ago, my wife and I went to the new Tesla showroom in our local mall to see the Model S for the first time. The next day, we took a test drive, and fell in love. I was the original poster in Conclusions of a Would Be Model S Owner, where i pointed out some missing features (flaws?) in the car and i bemoaned the fact that the car does not have my most beloved feature: Adaptive Cruise Control.

Since that time I've done lots of reading and research in this forum and outside the forum and asked a lot of questions.

All of you have been great and patient in asking my numerous questions and explaining items to me.

So today, even without Adaptive Cruise Control, we confirmed our order for a P85. Thanks to all of you great forum members for shepherding me through this process. Now, the waiting game begins. I cannot wait to get my new Tessie. Thanks again.

Jacob

2. Panacea

Panacea TSLA Shareholder/Believer

Welcome aboard Jacob!

3. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

17,500 awesome miles.
    9 months without a gas station.
    Congrats!

4. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Awesome, Jacob! What color and other details?

5. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

I love to hear, as an owner and a stockholder, that folks find this forum, listen, participate, ask a few questions, dip their tow in the water then BAM! P85!

6. GDH

GDH Banned

I am sure that Tesla will soon add adaptive cruise control, I hope so anyway, along with AWD.

7. Crispix

Crispix Member

Congrats! You'll love it, of course. Just be prepared that ACC will be added as a feature someday, maybe next week, maybe next year, whatever. You'll see it announced and will need a moment of zen. I'll be right there with you, the plight of the early adopter.

8. texex91

texex91 Banned

Amazing how things change once you are under the Tesla spell :biggrin:

Love it and you will soon forget about adaptive cru...see already forgot.

Sweet that you went for the P85--you're going to love it.

9. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Welcome aboard! Honestly, if there was one car in the world where you do not want Adaptive Cruise Control, the P85 is it. The ability to instantly accelerate, pass, and regen-brake back into position on the highway is one of the most addictive and pleasurable driving features of the Model S.

10. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Congrats! There is an outside chance ACC might be a retrofit but you'll love the car even without it.

11. earlyretirement

earlyretirement Model X 90D

Congrats and welcome to the Club. I was like you and wanted the Park Distance Control but didn't want to wait for it. I was fortunate and it was added before I took delivery of it. Odds are maybe you can get that retrofitted later. It's a great car.

12. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

In a couple of months, when you have your car, you'll forget what is was that made you hesitate to reserve. Congrats and enjoy!

13. jacobp

jacobp Member

Thanks everyone. We confirmed the order yesterday and already got an email saying that the car was "in production." What happens next? Typically, how long after that notice can i expect delivery. I WANT IT NOW.

Someone asked about the specifications i ordered: P85, Grey/Grey, Performance Seats, Air Suspension, Tech, 19" cyclone wheels, Headlines, Pano Roof, Obeche Matte, Parking Sensors, Interior lighting, Ultra Sound. I am psyched.

14. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

Welcome to the club of overzealous misfits (or at least misfit - me :) )
    I can not wait to hear what you have to say after picking the car up.

15. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

What happens next? A few more weeks (3-4?) of unbearable anticipation, followed by pure bliss and exhilaration, every day thereafter!

16. texex91

texex91 Banned

Just to help (a little), my car was suppose to go into production 9/16 and went into production today 9/11. So that means I might receive it a week early as well, instead of 9/26. Point is, people lately have seen production pushed up, so you might just receive a nice surprise along the way :biggrin:

17. jacobp

jacobp Member

Wow. That was quick. I confirmed my order last night (over a bottle of champagne) and I've already received my VIN.

18. DavidM

DavidM P2624, Delivered

Congratulations Jacob. Ahh, I remember the anticipation all too well. Except, my VIN was confirmed in early December. I wasn't sure if the car would make it out of production, and testing, and traverse the 3,000 miles to Florida, and be delivered before year end (so I could get my Tax Credit in the Spring). Well, everything went according to plan and the car arrived at my house a few days before Christmas!

Hang in there. Your new Model S will be in your driveway before you know it.

19. NoMoDinos

NoMoDinos Member

Congrats!! And welcome to the wait club...

20. jacobp

jacobp Member

So now I'm on to whether or not to get the pre paid service plan, and if so, which one. And whether or not to get the extended warranty. I don't need Ranger service as the Service Center is just a few miles from my home and they will valet a loaner to me. But I am thinking about getting the 4+4 service plan and the extended warranty as well. Is there a conventional wisdom on this?