TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Thank You

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by omarsultan, Jul 18, 2014.

1. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Getting ready to head down to Monterey in a couple of hours. Having done things like this in the past for my day job, I know what an immense amount of work to pull off even a small conference, so I just wanted to say thanks to all the folks that have put in many hours to make this happen.

O

2. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

Nice touch, Omar. I echo the sentiment and look forward to seeing everyone soon.

-Kip

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Thank you guys for coming and showing your support!

4. Joel

Joel Active Member

Thank you, Doug. Job well done. I had a tremendous amount of fun, and I enjoyed meeting everyone. Thank you and everyone that contributed, it was a memorable weekend.

5. Bgarret

Bgarret Model S ownin' Michigan scofflaw

Great event, thanks to Doug and the Mod Squad for this weekend and the work they do throughout the year. It was great to meet everyone. If there is a report of a stolen Model S from the Hertz in SFO....I know nothing!

Cheers.

6. Larry

Larry Member

Thanks Doug I wasn't sure what to expect but Saturday exceeded my expectations by quite a bit. Well thought out agenda, fascinating speakers, and good people. I hope to be there for the entire weekend next time. Oh and the food was good.

7. spleen

spleen Active Member

Thanks from me as well, Doug, nice to put faces to a lot of people. Didn't get a chance to say hi to everybody that I wanted to (hi Nigel!) but it was a really enjoyable time and I truly appreciate all the hard work that you and the mods put in. Thank you again!

8. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Yes. Food was very good.

9. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

#9 bonnie, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    The event appeared flawless - I heard one complaint :) ... a table outside was a little wobbly because of a rock! That's it. People were delighted over the venue, the professionalism, the speakers, the content, charging options, the food, everything. But as usual, the highlight for me was the attendees. Without the TMC members and their delightful spouses/friends/family members who joined in the fun, the event wouldn't be nearly as fun. This truly is like a family.

10. ModelX

ModelX Member

Congrats to everyone! It was very enjoyable and I look forward to next year! This venue was worth repeating.

11. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Agree. Loved the venue and everything about it. Great selection by doug and the team.
    Was great meeting so many of you in person. Definitely a fun group of people in our TMC family.

12. RichardL

RichardL Member

Thanks

And thanks to LoriH for organizing the Saturday night bonfire!

13. laalan

laalan Member

Exceeded my expectations! A first class event very professionally done!

14. johnnyS

johnnyS Member

I big thank you to everyone who assisted with the event!!

I enjoyed the speakers.
    It was fun meeting many of you.
    The venue was great.
    The road trip from Southern California was fun. We met a number of you at the superchargers and we drove highway 1 with three other model Ss.

15. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

...and how cool was it to catch up with our old friend George B at the reception!

16. Zextraterrestrial

kinda sad we didn't come for that but we really needed rest after Bonnie's shindig.

I think I met waay more people this year than last year and I almost needed to stop meeting more people by the end of today because my head is spinning w/ avatars and real names.

Beautiful scenery, people, food, fun and some very interesting conversations.
    Every thing was awesome except for my bad TT line on turn 2 w/ 2 wheels in the sand. cost a few seconds for sure. Horrible line! I alway practiced it with a late apex but there was so much traffic I never hit it at any speed into a brake point. At speed I tried to double apex it instead of late only and that was bad, but I still saw the P in front of me on the last 2 turns when I didn't see him at the beginning straight, so I caught up some. If I didn't mess up I might have really caught him.

thanks all!

17. lorih

lorih Member

So many people to thank! It truly is the most wonderful community, and I would not be able to attend without the generous help of so many TMC folks that gave me their time, drove me in their cars, walked my wobbly body, brought me chocolate, donated wine and wood for bonfire, and trekked wood, wine, beer and food from their cars to the beach.

I feel blessed to share the weekend with such wonderful folks. Looking forward to the next time I see you guys. If you are local to the Bay Area, watch the local threads, so I don't have to wait a whole year!

18. Soflason

Soflason Member

Thank you Doug (and the team at TMC) for a fantastic event! :biggrin:

19. Nickjhowe

Nickjhowe Member

Thanks to Doug, Doug_G, Bonnie et al for a fantastic event. It was fun to take the stage for the User Tips panel, and thanks to everyone for your positive comments about my book.

The highlight was to meet in person for the first time so many folks from the forum. The entire event was a blast. Here's to 2015!!

20. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Thanks to Doug, Doug, and Bonnie... awesome event. Flawless execution. Great venue.