Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thank You

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was a hell of an event. Pretty much everything went smoothly, and it was nice meeting many of you in person. Thanks to everyone who helped put it together. And putting it near ReFuel made it even better, as we all had a blast at Laguna. Thanks again.

I can't adequately capture my appreciation, but I'll give it a shot -- somewhat chronologically.

Thanks to Tesla for the supercharger build-out that allowed me to make the 4000+ mile trip from Sammamish, WA to Loomis, CA.
(Bucket list item: re-finished CA supercharger tagging, added NV/AZ/NM tagging, started UT tagging.)
(Bonus item: was offered a trade of a $400k firetruck for my car.)
(Bonus item: as usual, I met many interesting folks at superchargers throughout the week -- both owners and random curious people.)

Thanks to Cathedral City store and service center for bridging the gap between AZ and CA superchargers via HPWC, cleaning my horribly bug-painted car, providing my driver's hat, putting up with an awake! driver for a few hours, and directing me to use CA-74 to my next destination.
(Bonus item: added another route to my "fun drives" list in CA.)

Thanks to bonnie for opening her home to us and offering a full day of interactive entertainment.
(Bucket list item: swimming at bonnie's.)
(Bucket list item: swimming with bonnie.)
(Bonus item: perfect finish for the night via "karaoke" that didn't mean "bad music" -- I still want a CD, hopefully Matt from SolarCity will make sure I get hooked up.)

Thanks to rolo, dirkh, scasner, orb for providing a surprisingly entertaining light installation adventure at bonnie's.
(Bonus item: "Marco" followed by "Rolo!" and an airborne aluminum-wrapped-chocolate-wrapped-caramel never got old throughout the trip.)

Thanks to the picture crew that coordinated the group picture at Fremont. I haven't seen the pictures yet but hopefully they turned out nice. Also thanks for providing an opportunity for a bucket list item check-off...
(Bucket list item: Drove bonnie's roadster, into position for the picture.)

Thanks doug (and others of which I can't recall all the names) for pulling together TMC Connect.
(Bonus item: Tesla stores had no white shirts for me, TMC Connect fixed that problem.)

Thanks to the hotel for providing us a great venue and personal thanks for providing me a sharpie.
(Also thanks to EVAnnex for my first marker that got the ball rolling.)

Thanks to the sponsors for their contributions and presence at the event.
(Bonus item: Katie from Torklift hooked me up with the front plate bracket.)

Thanks to our speakers for their time, thoughtful keynotes, and availability at the podium and afterwards.
(Bonus item: I got signatures from most of the speakers, which is an improvement over last year.)

Thanks to Lori for orchestrating meal delivery and bonfire activities on Saturday night despite multiple obstacles including conflicting activities sliding around. Sadly she didn't make it to the beach with us (tired) but I think we got her reimbursed fully for her credit card bill. Thanks to the chef who brought the 50 (60?) dinners to us at the hotel "on his way home" (whereas we had planned to drive to pick them up).
(Bonus item: heard the Tesla giggle on the way back from the beach as our SolarCity guest driver Sheila got to try out the P85.)

Thanks to Laguna Seca, Speed Ventures, and Tesla for welcoming us to the Refuel event and providing charging facilities in the form of superchargers and 14-50 outlets.
(Bucket list item: drive at Laguna Seca.)
(Bucket list item: time trial at Laguna Seca.)
(Bucket list item for Lori: "ride fast" was met in a P85, a ride in bonnie's roadster with Rolo driving, and riding shotgun at Laguna Seca in session 2.)
(Bonus item: met some really fun and some really good drivers.)
(Sidenote: sorry I made you dizzy during the last session, AJ.)
(Bonus item: fairly smoothly recovered from a mild fishtail after turn 11.)
(Bonus item: respected the corkscrew and was rewarded with no car damage.)

Thanks to Vlad and Denarius for an entertaining drive, dinner, drive after Refuel.
(Bonus item: added another route to my "fun drives" list in CA.)

Last edited:
I'd like to thank artsci for leading/demonstrating the installation of the front camera modification. Due to some relatively unusual parts used in my car (circa VIN 4000) and as a neophyte with car modifications, artsci's (and friends) help was invaluable. As installed, the front camera works as promised, and for me, is better than the proximity warning system. Thanks.

I'd like to thank artsci for leading/demonstrating the installation of the front camera modification. Due to some relatively unusual parts used in my car (circa VIN 4000) and as a neophyte with car modifications, artsci's (and friends) help was invaluable. As installed, the front camera works as promised, and for me, is better than the proximity warning system. Thanks.
It's certainly better than the parking sensors. I have them, but they're useless for curbs. Anything higher they're great, but you're on your own for curbs. I'm excited for the cameras to start going out.

Sorry I had to miss the event... the wife made me go down to the Delmar Horse Race track to lose some money. Also had to miss out on the nation Viper event in Detroit where the door prize was a brand new Dodge Viper. 1 in 500 chance of wining.. Sad to because we have a home in Carmel 5 minutes from the event. Sounds like everyone had a great time there.

As one of the event organizers, I want to thank you all for coming. It's rare that I get to meet such a positive and passionate group of people, and that really made all the hard work worth it. I also want to thank the moderators for their support and advice over the past year. In particular, thanks to Doug_G for his time and energy in organizing the speakers and content. Thanks to Bonnie for her advice and support over the last year. She really helped in some critical times and helped us get connected with some important speakers and exhibitors. Thanks to Rabar10 and ElSupreme for their hard work in helping us get set up and do registration at the event. And thanks to NigelM for organizing the Lunch Table Topics. It really was all you in the community that made this event what it was.

Thanks to Doug and all the organizers, Bonnie for a great BBQ, Vernon for the rides from and to SF and Lori for organizing the great beach party. Here is a pic of the sunset at the beach. Also, I had a great time meeting everyone. It was great meeting new attendees and folks from last year's conference as well.

2014-07-19 20.22.41.jpg

The event appeared flawless - I heard one complaint :) ... a table outside was a little wobbly because of a rock! That's it. People were delighted over the venue, the professionalism, the speakers, the content, charging options, the food, everything. But as usual, the highlight for me was the attendees. Without the TMC members and their delightful spouses/friends/family members who joined in the fun, the event wouldn't be nearly as fun. This truly is like a family.
+1. Absolutely... its amazing to have so many diverse, delightful, friendly, intelligent and fun people all in one room!

Yep, thanks to everyone involved that either helped with the organizing, feeding us, moving us around and generally pointing us in the right direction. We took off to Carmel on the Sunday afternoon to see it in the daylight, it's a beautiful part of the country. Would happily go back to that general area for another TMC event, but would try to extend the stay a bit, and maybe even get the Model S there, the rental Jeep didn't do justice to Hwy 1.

We ran out of stock on our Magnetic Phone Holders, so if you wanted to still snag one or two at the show price, please see this thread.

Here's my cliched 'sunset in Cali' photo, taken with an iPhone because I can never remember to take the good camera...:

sunset.jpg

Thanks to everyone who helped to make TMC Connect happen this year! We enjoyed the conference and Refuel on Sunday.
It was a pleasure getting to meet fellow EV fans.

Thanks to Andrew (IrishstoutAZ) for the invitation to drive up PCH together from Atascadero on Friday. What a treat!

My wife and I had a great time and are looking forward to the event next year.

We ended up staying an extra day to see the local sites. The aquarium was great and we ran into John Davis (spacex) there.
Thanks for the 8GB card John!!

Here is another sunset photo.

montereysm.jpg

I am in severe Tesla withdrawal as I remember back to all the absolutely wonderful moments of this year's TMC Connect EVent!

A huge Thank You to everyone involved! Especially the organizers such as Doug and all on his team. What an incredible job!

Bonnie is amazing and was super kind to have us over for the BBQ at her lovely home. What a way to kick things off! And acres of Teslas to boot!

All of the food was out-of-this-world delicious. I have never had such great food at an event ever.

LoriH was so kind to set up the bond fire at the beach. Coming from a desert, having the chance to sit on the beach and watch a spectacular sun set while listening to ocean waves was pretty overwhelming.

I'm sure I'm forgetting people to thank (and I don't want to go on too long!) but I will never forget the amazing people I was able to reconnect with and new friends I made. Thank you to each and every one of you who have such faith in the future and are so willing to jump in and help make a better future possible for all of us. Your kindness and good will will never be forgotten.

Hope to see everyone again next year! Some with your Model X's!

I am in severe Tesla withdrawal as I remember back to all the absolutely wonderful moments of this year's TMC Connect EVent!

You're part of the tradition now! Thank YOU for bringing your vintner friend and all that amazing wine from Petrified Forest Vineyards. We all had some of the wine that Elon was drinking on stage last year! (And his personal bottle should be in his office at this point :). ) I personally know of at least one person planning on visiting you in the coming year & don't be too surprised to hear from me when I'm in my brand spankin' new Model X on a road trip to Texas, driving through your hometown.

Wow Bonnie! What can I say?! It would be awesome (I hate that word but sometimes it works!) to see you and any other TMC types (but must it be Texas Bonnie? Ha!)

Any chance of trailoring that spiffy white Roadster of yours behind the X when you come!?

Very overwhelmed over here! It's like a never-ending TMC Connect...and how awesome is that!

Thanks to all of those who put this EVent on! It was awesome!

Thanks to Bonnie for the BBQ!

Thanks to Artsci and all others who helped me install the front camera! I definitely couldn't have done that on my own.

Thanks to everyone who is posting pictures.

Thanks to Denarious and I believe Gizmotoy for taking my wife and I along on laps around Laguna Seca!

To everyone else, it was amazing meeting you!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to make this a great event!

Some great sunset pics up-thread. I missed the most spectacular ones through being in restaurant/bar at the wrong (right?) time. Here's one from a cold, rainy, foggy, early morning north of San Francisco:

Nor Cal Early Morn.jpg