Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thankfully this forum is not censored.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I post on both this forum and the Tesla.com M3 forum. The Tesla.com forum is ridiculously censored. Take a look at my latest post that got censored:

"The S and X use the older battery; which probably costs more/kwh (also they are "luxury" cars, the M3 is the "affordable" mass-market car). The projected falling costs are based on the new (2170) battery. But most importantly, my comments are based on costs, current and projected, for the M3's 2170"

I post on both this forum and the Tesla.com M3 forum. The Tesla.com forum is ridiculously censored. Take a look at my latest post that got censored:

"The S and X use the older battery; which probably costs more/kwh (also they are "luxury" cars, the M3 is the "affordable" mass-market car). The projected falling costs are based on the new (2170) battery. But most importantly, my comments are based on costs, current and projected, for the M3's 2170"

I forgot what my post was, maybe a slight criticism, and it got deleted.

Then I asked something and some member made a similar thread in jest. I think that thread got deleted too.

I think they have invested their wealth into too much TSLA stocks.

I never bothered with that forum again.

Reactions: bmzl
Happens here as well but only for only for ad hominem attacks (ad Teslam attacks are fine :))

They have no problem whatsoever with ad hominem attacks; so long as they are pro-Tesla ad hominem attacks.

Like many, if not most, of those who post on the M3 forums, I have a deposit on an M3-- so I am generally pro-Tesla. But, they run their forums like the Gestapo--criticize our prices--zap.

and rightfully ban for spreading FUD, there is no way that 18650 produced on few years old line could be more expensive than brand new one. Claims of 2170 being cheaper means new 2170 production versus new additional 18650

The Tesla.com forums are like 4chan compared to TMC. What a wasteland, and no way to receive reply notifications. I tried posting over there a few times, but it go too frustrating -- first, finding the thread I posted in, and second, seeing if there were any replies.

Of course, with all things Tesla, they think doing it in-house (writing their own forum software) is the best... but it just ends up becoming an abject failure *cough* ap2 *cough*.

• Funny
Reactions: bmzl and lunitiks

Not sure I understand. What exactly was censored? Is this post before or after the censoring?

Mollum is usually the culprit on the Tesla forum - it affects non-owners such as the OP more than owners, but even owners get it sometimes. Certain words are known to trip it, but other times it seems arbitrary. It's meant to combat spam since there are no moderators over there but it doesn't always work.

QUOTE="transpondster, post: 2320013, member: 30007"]and rightfully ban for spreading FUD, there is no way that 18650 produced on few years old line could be more expensive than brand new one. Claims of 2170 being cheaper means new 2170 production versus new additional 18650[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to give an example of ignorant ad hominem?

"The new 2170 cell, which is now being produced at the Gigafactory, is slightly larger – 21 mm by 70 mm. More importantly, it can store a lot more energy. According to Elon Musk, it’s “the highest energy density cell in the world, and also the cheapest.” The 2170 cell is around 50% larger by volume than the 18650, but it can deliver almost double the current (the 18650 delivers 3,000 mA, and the 2170 has been tested at 5,750-6,000 mA)." [Tesla 2170 Battery Cells: Greater Power At Comparable Cost]

• Disagree
Reactions: transpondster