TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vendor Thanks for having us TMC!

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Jean-Claude, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Local Vendor - Southeast

#1 Jean-Claude, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    My name is Jean-Claude. I am the owner of Detailed Designs Auto Spa in Georgia. We are located just east of Atlanta, about 13 minutes east of 285 on i-20. We are an automotive protection and detailing business that offers paint protection film installation (known by many as clear bra), paint correction (swirl and superficial paint damage repair), professional car detailing, Cquartz Finest and Modesta nano coating systems, interior surface coating systems as well as leather and vinyl repair and bumper touch ups.

A lot of our clients are coming to us because they are looking for a single source for their quality long term automotive protection needs. We recognize that our client's time is valuable and by offering all of these services in-house we can provide a solution that is custom fit to your personal needs without the need of traveling to multiple locations to work with many businesses who only understand their one craft. We realize that not everyone lives with their automobiles the same way too. Where some of our clients are looking for the most basic protection or detailing needs, a different client may wish for the pinnacle of protection and appearance enhancement. I've made it policy that none of our clients ever feel that we are pushy or their arm is being twisted into spending money. At Detailed Designs, our number one goal is to educate our clients. After our clients are educated as to potential solutions, we field questions/concerns they have and then lean on them to tell us what direction they want to go. If we see that a service may not be a good fit we will inform someone why we believe, in their case, less is more.

Paint Protection Film
    We’ve been offering Atlanta clear bra installations since 2010 and in the automotive protection/detailing industry since 2007. Most of our clients opt for our precision computer cut installations with extended edges for wrapping. In some cases, clients wish for a custom clear bra wrap. This is most common when precision computer cut templates do not exists. Typical coverage is the full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, nose cone and side mirrors. Some of our clients opt to have the whole car wrapped with clear bra and some choose just the leading edge of the car wrapped with clear bra. Though, the nature of clear bra installation allows Tesla owners to pick and choose what panels they want to have PPF installed on.

For more on our clear bra installations, please refer to this article: http://detaileddesignsautospa.com/blog/detailed-designs-auto-spa-choice-clear-bra-installation-atlanta/

Cquartz Finest and Modesta Coatings
    I’ve used the most popular coatings currently on the market(as well as coatings that are being released) and have found that there are two companies that offer what I feel are the best coatings available; Carpro’s CQuartz Finest and Modesta’s coating line.

We are proud to offer our clients the most exclusive and what we feel to be the best performing coatings in the world. Whether you decide to have either coating system applied to your Tesla, you will be satisfied with how they protect and enhance the appearance of the paint. Neither coating line requires additional coatings or “toppers” to improve gloss or luster. They are world renowned for the gloss/depth/shine they provide. Beyond their beauty, the ability to layer these coatings over paint protection film installations has been tested by us and approved by manufacturers.

There are many facets to each coating system and many reviews from automobile owners who’ve had these coatings applied to their pride and joy. We encourage our clients to do their own research into any of the services we offer, including these coatings. Potential clients can find plenty of unbiased reviews for each coating system on the internet.

Paint Correction
    Want beautiful paint? -don’t we all? This is what paint correction provides.

Swirl marks, scratches, holograms(buffer trails), bug marks and bird droppings could all qualify someone to potentially have paint correction performed. At the same time, true paint correction is not cheap and it requires additional effort on the owner’s behalf. If you would like to better understand why we do not feel everyone is a good fit for paint correction, feel free to take a glance at this article: Paint Correction - Does your car qualify for paint correction?Detailed Designs Auto Spa Blog

Detailing Services
    To help our clients maintain the finish of their automobiles, we offer professional car detailing services. We only use what we feel to be the best products for our detailing services. For clients looking for a more traditional approach to paint protection, we keep a selection of the finest waxes by Swissvax. Interior leather surface care is addressed with Leather Masters, Leatherique, Swissvax or other boutique quality product lines.

For deeper cleaning, we have steam cleaning and hot water extraction services.

We understand that cleaning and conditioning are not the same process. Whether it’s leather, vinyl or carpet, surfaces receive the time, effort and attention it deserves to properly decontaminate the surface safely and then condition it so it can last longer, have a neutral odor and have a dry to the touch, yet conditioned and non-greasy feel.

I hope I’ve done a satisfactory job presenting who I am and what my company stands for and offers our clients. I look forward to helping field questions TMC members may have in terms of car detailing and protection. From time to time I hope to be able to provide interesting pictorials of Tesla projects we have roll through the shop.

Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your community and all of us at Detailed Designs Auto Spa looks forward to a great experience with you all.

Here are a few recent Tesla projects. I hope you all enjoy!

After paint correction and CQuartz Finest, this p85d doesn't look too bad, does it?

16254125099_bd087b8b0f_b.jpg

16438605331_2c326a8fbe_b.jpg

16252966810_c17b9b7545_b.jpg

2. m3nke

m3nke Member

Jean-Claude it's great seeing you on here, your work is and always has been just top notch.

I have been following Jean-Claude's work for many years, he frequents bimmerfourms of which I have been a member for over 10 years. I have seen many of his write ups and his work is flawless, from paint correction, to CQF, to clear wraps everything is done to perfection.

I'm not sure if linking to other forums is acceptable, so I wont do it, but he recently wrote a post about a BMW M4 that he wrapped in protective film. You literally could not see any edges from the film it was amazing and the type of work that I wish most ppf installers would strive for. You will not be disappointed in anyway dealing with Jean=Claude or his shop.

3. Jean-Claude

Thank you so much m3nke!

4. PaulR

PaulR Member

Some people are good at what they do, some are gifted.... I have to put Jean-Claude and his team in the gifted category! He clear-wrapped my Tesla Model S and my son's BMW M3 and did a beautiful job on both. In both cases the results exceeded our expectations. I had a little separation anxiety for that time he was working on the car, but it was surely worth the wait. Though my car was only 3 months old, Jean-Claude took the extra time to correct flaws in the paint before applying the clear-wrap. It was obvious he and his team took pride in their work, the final results show that.

I enthusiastically recommend Jean-Claude for any of your detailing needs. Be assured it will be done well....

PaulR

5. Jean-Claude

Paul,

It was a pleasure taking care of you and your son! And thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about us with others.

This is what Xpel Ultimate covering everything but the rear fenders and hatch look like. But after installing the clear bra to Paul's car we also corrected paint to remove defects like swirl marks and scratches and then coated it with Modesta BC-04.

Modesta BC-04 is a new formula coating that combines the best advantages of the original Pure Liquid Glass coatings and highest quality nanograde titanium. This combination creates a deeper shine and better reflections on the paint. A significantly prolonged working time also allows easier and safer application. The inorganic nature of the coating makes it fully resistant to oxidation. The hard physical barrier it creates also prevents paint from coming into contact with air and acts as a antiscratch protectant. Modesta BC-04 is capable to withstand temperatures of up to 900 °C.

Paul also had us apply Modesta BC-06 to the wheels:
    Stain-resistance and ease of cleaning thanks to the hardness of the coating film are the most prominent characteristics of the BC-06 glass coating. This thin silica film made from perhydropolysilazane protects the car body and wheels from dust in raindrops that may penetrate soft paints or other painted surfaces and can be removed only with great effort. Thanks to the BC-06 protection washing is required less frequently. BC-06 undergoes a chemical reaction when it comes in contact with a painted surface, creating a hard glass coating. It has a tightly packed molecular structure that creates a solid, long-lasting surface. BC-06 is heatproof up to 1,300 °C - enough to protect wheels from burning-hot brake dust.

To cap it off, his leather received our leather coating solution that will ease maintenance and protect it better than uncoated leather. Treated leather seats do not see a change in color, feel or smell.

A few pictures of his Tesla Model S:

19239882854_af2070f915_b.jpg

19675933209_cb213f6b7d_b.jpg

19239867734_f00093d354_b.jpg

We were the first company in the USA to bring this advanced programmable IR lamp to the states from Germany. Here it's being used to heat the Modesta BC-04 treated surface to precisely 70 degrees celsius for the curing process.

19674516868_2068699aa6_b.jpg