Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Thanks for the Feedback"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BertL

Aug 19, 2015
Carlsbad, CA
My MS has been sitting in my garage for a couple days plugged into it's HPWC. Got in a while ago to run errands, IC and 17" powered-up from being asleep. My 17" was frozen upon restart (seems to happen more frequently since recent updates), so I was paying a little more attention to that when I noticed a quick pop-up from the bottom center of my IC that said "Thanks for the Feedback". It only stayed up for a few seconds then lowered and disappeared. For the life of me, I don't remember reading about a similar message others here may have also received for one reason or another...

I've done no Bug Reports since one early after initial delivery back in October, but since delivery have sent two emails to servicehelpna re visibility problems with elements of 7.1 UI, media player issues & to please fix the 90KwH Rated Range issue in late December, as well as a more recent one re WiFi not connecting automatically as it used to (which was referred to my SC)... All those problems are discussed in other threads, so we don't need to go there again here.

Regardless, it appears someone in Tesla likely read an email from me and/or perhaps was poking around in my logs as a result -- THAT makes me happy at a bare minimum my suggestions did not drop completely into a black hole and I got an acknowledgement -- just sort of wish I knew which subject of mine they were talking about! ;)

Interesting, huh? ...at least to me it was! Wow!

Yes, when you file a bug report, it takes snapshots of both screens, and a log of pretty much all useful data in the car on all systems and packages it up and sends it off to Tesla. Then it posts that message to the IC.

Didn't you get responses to your emails? Normally, my emails are always directly responded to, and I am not even talking about automated template responses.

Of course it is a different matter they never involve any time frame for fixing the bugs reported. I am just wondering because you felt so happy just to see the automated "Thanks for your feedback" popup.

Didn't you get responses to your emails? Normally, my emails are always directly responded to, and I am not even talking about automated template responses.

Of course it is a different matter they never involve any time frame for fixing the bugs reported. I am just wondering because you felt so happy just to see the automated "Thanks for your feedback" popup.
Yes, I received personal responses to each email, but of the type "Thank you, blah, blah, blah. I've forwarded it to the right party". (Of course, that never means something is done with it, hence why I took the pop-up as a possible acknowledgment the right party may have read one of them).

FYI again, I have not submitted any bug reports in over 4 months, so if the message was an acknowledgement it was just sent, that's even stranger. I've had new levels of firmware, untold reboots, etc and continual WiFi or LTE connectivity all that time if it was stalled inside my MS for some reason... Otherwise, perhaps Tesla is just now getting around to doing something with that old bug report, or doing housekeeping which triggered the delayed response back to my IC.

I was just trying to connect the dots with my interactions with Tesla and that pop-up, but guess I can't. I'll go back now to my former state and reverse any possible excitement over the pop-up. ;)

Last edited: