Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thanks.....for the great customer service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove 86 miles in 1 degree temperature as the heat element went out.....very frustrated and unhappy....from Belmont NH to Littleton MA

Had 128 miles on the bar.....yet barely made it home with 3 miles left.....

Called and got a message that they would call back in minutes.....after 35 minutes received a call and got disconnected

Then I called roadside assistance emergency.....

Dakato walked me through a simple reset and calmly answered my questions.....this guy deserves a raise........

thanks again...now no need to head to a schedule service 21 days out.......as this too was frustrating to learn......

Attachments

• 271995124_10160151330987053_8671093446906788675_n.jpg
    271995124_10160151330987053_8671093446906788675_n.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 116
How would I find it in the owners manual? Is it under "simple reset" as OP described or heater not working?

How do I search heater not working or simple reset in the owners manual? I've tried with no luck.

It sounded like you were saying I shouldn't have asked what the resolution was for not having heat was because it was in the owners manual. I would not know how to resolve without calling roadside assistance. Since the OP shared, he saved me the hassle if I'm ever in that situation.

Not a rebot ...he had me to to security and power down the whole car....waited 10 minutes and I started up and heated up perfectly....

He said it was a computer issue...
Here are some explanations for 'soft reboot' and 'hard reboot'.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Noflash
How would I find it in the owners manual? Is it under "simple reset" as OP described or heater not working?

How do I search heater not working or simple reset in the owners manual? I've tried with no luck.

It sounded like you were saying I shouldn't have asked what the resolution was for not having heat was because it was in the owners manual. I would not know how to resolve without calling roadside assistance. Since the OP shared, he saved me the hassle if I'm ever in that situation.
You asked what the procedure was for the power reset. I gave you the source. You do need to at least scan the OM. It’s a complex car.