TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Thanks for the help

Discussion in 'Model S' started by MichFin, Aug 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MichFin

MichFin Member

I was driving back home from Cincinnati this weekend and as we came up I-75 navigation had us stopping at Dayton. The problem is Dayton is 8 miles west of I-75 so that's at least 15 minutes out of our way. But the next super charger would get us there with only 5% battery which is cutting it to close for me. But thanks to all the people on this forum I had a really good understanding already on how to handle the situation and felt comfortable with my decision to press on and just go slower. Instead of stopping at Dayton I slowed down to 60 MPH until the navigation showed I would arrive with 10% at which point I started going 70 MPH and ultimately 75 MPH and arrived with 9% charge on the battery.

This forum is a great help to me and I thank everyone who contributes.

2. Electric700

Electric700 Active Member

Great story, glad it worked out for you. :smile:

3. Tesla S1

Tesla S1 Member

That's great. I would not have made my trip from Chicago to Florida if not for this forum also. Nice.