Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thanks to the TMC community from a new owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on the forum. I have been on here for a long time reading and researching, and today I just picked up the car(Model S 75D). Also would love to meet other Tesla owners in Houston. Any and all advice is welcome. Time to go have some fun.

Thanks again,
Jason
IMG_4299.JPG
IMG_4300.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4300.JPG
    IMG_4300.JPG
    447.6 KB · Views: 43
Howdy, Jason! Congratulations on your beautiful car!

I'm waiting on my Model S to be built, expecting delivery by the end of March. It can't get here quickly enough.

There's a Texas subforum down in the community area, as well. It's not as busy as up here, but it's probably worth your time to come on down and say hi.

Cheers!

Reactions: ACExpress
Hi, Jason! I just placed my order last night, for the same 75D, and the exact same colour. She’s a real beauty. Congratulations!

I’m excited for you, and nerve-wracked for myself. I’ve never signed up to my anything so expensive in my life, apart from my house. Even now my head is reeling at the very idea.

Enjoy your new Tesla Model S. I’m certain she’ll bring a great deal of fun in the miles ahead.

Arnel

Congrats!

I went through the same thing. I can afford it, but i'm also frugal (ok cheap), and spending this much on a car? Right now I drive a 2001 4Runner with 38k original miles. I'm justifying it to myself that it's more than a car, it's an experience.

Mine's a M60D, delivery in April.
Yep...I'm trading in a 2011 Silverado for likely March delivery of the 60D. Same thought process. I'm cheap in some other facets of life. Very out of character purchase and has zero to do with being eco-friendly. I could never justly the cost of the car, but when it's the experience we're talking about...well it's harder to put a price on that!

Yep...I'm trading in a 2011 Silverado for likely March delivery of the 60D. Same thought process. I'm cheap in some other facets of life. Very out of character purchase and has zero to do with being eco-friendly. I could never justly the cost of the car, but when it's the experience we're talking about...well it's harder to put a price on that!

Lol. . .silverado and a 4Runner. . . .I'm coming out of a '99 Lexus GS 400, that I'm keeping. . . Since as of this year I'll have 5 licensed driver children. . . .not to mention with 200K miles on it it's worth about 50 bucks. . .lol

I'm after the experience too. . .eco friendly is bonus.

And congrats on the Bluesmobile. . . Very nice!!!

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Join the club on spending way more than what we would normally pay for a car. My first Tesla was a 2014 S60 that was $70K. Prior car was a $29K Pontiac G8 GT. I sold the S60 eight months ago and spent $104K on an X90D.....Crazy, but worth every penny and these cars have truly been life-changing. The performance, convenience, eco-friendliness and not to mention the celebrity that comes with owning a Tesla. Plus, it prompted me to get solar panels on the roof of my house.

Join the club on spending way more than what we would normally pay for a car. My first Tesla was a 2014 S60 that was $70K. Prior car was a $29K Pontiac G8 GT. I sold the S60 eight months ago and spent $104K on an X90D.....Crazy, but worth every penny and these cars have truly been life-changing. The performance, convenience, eco-friendliness and not to mention the celebrity that comes with owning a Tesla. Plus, it prompted me to get solar panels on the roof of my house.

I started with the solar in late 2016, even factoring in the increased utilization of owning a Model S when spec'ing out the system. Snuck in on the last day of free supercharging for life, and after getting ~15 mpg the last few years, I'm looking forward to free fuel.