TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

that Creep can Roll (and Hold) - wishlist item

Discussion in 'Model 3: Driving Dynamics' started by astrorob, Dec 27, 2019.

1. astrorob

astrorob stealth performance M3

something that occurred to me the other day:

i prefer to use hold as it most closely emulates the one-pedal driving of the Bolt that i am used to. however, for pulling into the garage (a tight space) it's easier for me to use creep mode with my foot on the brake.

the Bolt has a traditional gearshift where D = creep and L = hold, so you can just change it directly. on the M3 the mode is buried in menus and the car has to be in park to change it.

i don't know how this would be implemented automatically (geofence?) but at the least it sure would be nice to have a shortcut to switch modes rather than having to dig thru menus to change the mode.

does tesla have any official channel for making software requests like this?

2. jpfive

jpfive Supporting Member

Hmmm... Maybe one of the new voice commands will help. I use that now to open my glove box and set wiper speed. Give it a shot.

3. astrorob

ah, let me try that, thanks!

4. astrorob

oh well, i guess there is no voice command for this, or else i didn't happen upon the magic words.