Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

That Doesn't Suck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Beta V

Author, Dad, Mentor, Technology Critic
Nov 8, 2017
Redmond, WA USA
I got Angel back from service yesterday (they had to put in a "Second Generation" door lock mechanism) when I noticed the exterior had been washed but was disappointed that they had not vacuumed the interior.

"You have to ask them to vacuum," said the tech. "It's a new policy."

Ah. I see. Do I also have to ask them to make sure the screws are tightened to the right torque too?

It's these little things that maintain owner loyalty.

I got Angel back from service yesterday (they had to put in a "Second Generation" door lock mechanism) when I noticed the exterior had been washed but was disappointed that they had not vacuumed the interior.
"You have to ask them to vacuum," said the tech. "It's a new policy."
Ah. I see. Do I also have to ask them to make sure the screws are tightened to the right torque too?
It's these little things that maintain owner loyalty.
How many minutes is it to move car to that area, manipulate hose, vacuum every car the service? 10 I'd say based on me taking on that 'ordurous' task myself. Could they better utilize that time to get more through-put on service with all the Model 3s and the future Model Ys? Better PR, better owner loyalty if they can get service in and out quicker I would say.

Think bigger picture. If they go out of business, please realize you will also have to vacuum your own car.

I generally ask not to have my car washed at the SC but the other day I forgot and I noticed it had not been washed when it was returned to me. Not sure if that was policy, the car really was not that dirty, they wanted to get it back to me quickly since I was waiting or they remembered I usually ask for it not to be washed.

However there could be something about the environmental aspects too. The wrapper/detailer I use has to wash the cars in a tray that captures run off because of a city law. This might be spreading throughout California.