Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

That very loud and painful "clunk"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took an onramp quickly tonight, had a Nissan GT-R blow past me so I pulled in the left lane to go say Hi.... Put my foot down and nothing happened except a beep and a message on the dash saying to pull over safely and 12V battery low car may not restart. Luckily I was at the top of the Hamilton escarpment so I coasted down to the bottom and got off the highway. It was also great that I was out by myself with the car, and didn't have all 7 seats filled!

Roadside assistance was great. Once they called back and had gotten through the queue they had a me an UBER ride home in no time. Car is still probably waiting for a flatbed from out of town however.

Ouch! Sorry to hear you've joined the club. Did you get the huge "bang" that almost feels like you were rear-ended? I did, and that's how I knew exactly what happened when it happened.

I didn't hear a bang. And I didn't get the feeling of being read ended either. So I may have posted in the wrong thread. The SC is looking at my car now with engineering.

After driving our 8 year old minivan all weekend, I *really* miss my Model S. :)

I didn't hear a bang. And I didn't get the feeling of being read ended either. So I may have posted in the wrong thread. The SC is looking at my car now with engineering.

Except for the "bang", it sounds like a contactor issue. I also had the 12v message along with a slew of others like "Pull Over Safely", "Car Shutting Down", "Car May Not Restart" and such. It was winter, and I also lost heat, but all of the 12v stuff stayed running.