Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

That was fast, but now what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dolfs

Supporting Member
Placed an order for a MY LR AWD (Blue/Black/5/20) at 8:30PM last night, received email today at 1:30 that they'd like payment. Account page shows VIN 159XX assigned, and est delivery Mar 20-23. At order it said 1-3 wks!

I guess it pays to live within 20 mi from the Fremont factory!

I had expected to pickup at a Tesla place here locally, but I was forced to Direct Delivery. Inquiry with my sales person (from the test drive), confirms they will only do home delivery.

So now my question: The payment requires an ACH transfer, which is no problem, but it looks like it has to be made before car arrival and thus before I can inspect and if needed reject. How does inspection/rejection work with home delivery?

Is the delivery person going to hang out while I inspect? If payment has been made, how do I reject if necessary?

As for my situation, I was being asked for an ACH, however, I was hesitant as I wanted to inspect the car first before handing them over the $'s.

I took the check route, asked for a check from my credit union on the amount of down payment, after I inspected the car during delivery day, I handed them the check & drove away.

I realized your situation is different since you would be doing home delivery, when I asked about that, the delivery team indicated that they can still take the check (x-change) when they drop the vehicle off.

Best case is to ask your assigned delivery person/team, they can guide you on their best practice. Congrats on your new ride.

As for my situation, I was being asked for an ACH, however, I was hesitant as I wanted to inspect the car first before handing them over the $'s.

I took the check route, asked for a check from my credit union on the amount of down payment, after I inspected the car during delivery day, I handed them the check & drove away.

I realized your situation is different since you would be doing home delivery, when I asked about that, the delivery team indicated that they can still take the check (x-change) when they drop the vehicle off.

Best case is to ask your assigned delivery person/team, they can guide you on their best practice. Congrats on your new ride.
Asked the contact person and he said that check is not an option in this case. Take that with a grain of salt. Certainly not possibly to indicate this on web site. Went ahead and paid ACH...

I found this in Tesla's website - Ordering a New Tesla

Final payment is accepted via:

• Electronic check (direct debit) in your Tesla Account
  • Wire transfer
  • Certified check at time of pick-up, with your Reservation Number (RN) and name in the memo line
Have fun with your new Tesla
Yep, except I could find nothing on their tasks that allowed me to do anything other than ACH. They also insist on contactless delivery at home, not at service center. I suppose all COVID related. Since nobody will want to talk to me when they drop off the car...

I decided since most reports are positive these days, and my car was born yesterday (literally!) there is a good chance of no major exterior issues. I can fully inspect the exterior before pressing "Accept Delivery". If exterior is OK, I'll check inside and document any issues that need work. I am less worried about those kind of things anyway.

Reactions: rdrwtx
Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing about build quality! I take delivery on Wednesday, and I have a feeling these next three days are going to be so long!

I’m in Texas so the whole process is a bit strange, and I also had to put by ach in advance. Hoping for the best, but not too concerned given current reports here on TMC.

rdr

Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing about build quality! I take delivery on Wednesday, and I have a feeling these next three days are going to be so long!

I’m in Texas so the whole process is a bit strange, and I also had to put by ach in advance. Hoping for the best, but not too concerned given current reports here on TMC.

rdr
I too am in Texas. I plan on paying cash. Can you elaborate on the process being strange? Thanks!

There will not be new headlights on MY LR. It is time to give up. If you want them, MYP or M3 are your only options right now. They are only being out on Premium (performance) cars or cars that also get exported to Europe, the LR MY doesn’t fit either of those categories.

In one of the new headlight threads, someone said a new model 3 owner was quoted $2100 to replace 1 new headlight vs $500 for an old one. That’s $3200 extra for the pair. If you want MY LR AWD to be $53k and not qualify for most state Ev incentives then be my guest but that $3200 will cost you more like $6-7k

Placed an order for a MY LR AWD (Blue/Black/5/20) at 8:30PM last night, received email today at 1:30 that they'd like payment. Account page shows VIN 159XX assigned, and est delivery Mar 20-23. At order it said 1-3 wks!

I guess it pays to live within 20 mi from the Fremont factory!

I had expected to pickup at a Tesla place here locally, but I was forced to Direct Delivery. Inquiry with my sales person (from the test drive), confirms they will only do home delivery.

So now my question: The payment requires an ACH transfer, which is no problem, but it looks like it has to be made before car arrival and thus before I can inspect and if needed reject. How does inspection/rejection work with home delivery?

Is the delivery person going to hang out while I inspect? If payment has been made, how do I reject if necessary?
So.. you got your vin and request to finalize only because you just so happened to place your order days before Q1 is done. They want your money/unit moved so it can be included in Q1.
I ordered mine last Friday 3/19 and was also impressed with how quick it was fulfilled- until the SA informed me why. We ordered our cars at the luckiest of times.
As far as the ACH payment. Your car will be delivered regardless, however the app will not unlock your car for your “taking of delivery” until the ACH goes through.

it’s unlikely that anyone will be there to verify your inspection. If you choose to reject the car then you would have to call them back. Honestly, I doubt that will even be necessary because the cars birthed this month have had some of the best (almost perfect) quality. It would appear that they have really improved the body gaps etc..
Enjoy your new car! What are you going to name it?