TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

The 100 Mile thread

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Rooster6655, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

How are we supposed to log issues within 100 miles and who with exactly because the delivery person just said to use the schedule a service in the app?

Seems rather useless as all that does is give you the next appointment a month later in many cases with no way to upload pictures and no way to know if they will fix the issues you mention until you goto the appointment and of course the 7 days will have passed to return the car.

Legally I think they will have no recourse to not fixing the problems if they can't provide a means to log the issues correctly, not answering the phones and the only way of communicating is by a schedule a service app with appointments weeks away. Emailed the car support and they say the same thing to schedule a service...

I also find it odd about return the car within 7 days if you can't get hold of anyone, do you literally just have to turn up and say you want a refund?

I am not usually negative about Tesla but they really need to sort their act out for new customers

• Like x 1
  2. elecTED

elecTED Member

It's 200 miles. Log via the Tesla app (schedule service). Within a few days they will send you a text/email asking you to upload pics of the issues.

If you've notified Tesla in some way, text/email/app within 200 miles you will be fine.

From Tesla's perspective I can understand there needs to be some sort of cut-off for reporting paint/bodywork issues as It becomes more difficult to prove when something happened and by whom as time goes by.

3. Rajanm1

Rajanm1 Member

create an appointment in the app and also email [email protected] with all of the details, they'll then get in touch to try and fix

• Like x 2
  4. Artiste

Artiste Member

True, but my journey home from delivery was 220 miles. Sure, I checked the car over before I left but it isn’t the best time or place for a thorough inspection.

• Like x 1
  5. Rooster6655

Thanks both, yes I get that they need to have a cut off, 200 miles is fine even though the delivery guy told me 100 miles, I assume when you schedule service it looks at your milage when you do this. I already logged service/emails before 200 miles and on the delivery day so will see if they resolve my issue or at least get back to me, I am hoping service isn't as overwhelmed as the delivery teams

6. Rooster6655

#6 Rooster6655, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Well if Tesla have done a botch cover up of defects that you can't initially see and then rush you out the door and pushing you to sign the car over, then they can forget their 200 mile limit as no court in the world is going to accept their rubbish rules if tested.

Lets hope that Tesla actually has good customer service beyond their sales/delivery experience

7. M3BlueGeorgia

M3BlueGeorgia Active Member

Regular warranty items can be logged at any time.

The issue requiring rapid analysis is gray area items, such as damage to a door. Basically stuff that you could have done.
    If, after taking delivery, you find some in-transit damage, you need to record that ASAP. And not verbally without sending an email immediately.

If you waltz in after a few weeks saying you have some "in-transit damage", don't be surprised to be (politely) be told to piss off.

• Like x 1
  8. DaveW

DaveW Active Member

Virtual service refused to help me and stated 100 miles, despite this not being mentioned during the handover.

• Like x 1
  9. elecTED

elecTED Member

#9 elecTED, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    If you genuinely find an issue after say 250 or even 300 miles you would think there will be a degree of sensibility and flexibility from Tesla.

10. elecTED

elecTED Member

What was the nature of the issue you reported? Surprised they would take such a rigid approach.

11. Rooster6655

Hope it wasn't too serious!

Hopefully its now 200 miles since your issue to stop them giving me any excuses especially as I logged the first service call the same day and have photos from the car being at the service centre and isn't something that could have happened from my use.

Not going into specifics just now incase they actually make things right as its not been long since I scheduled the service

I hope so, as it will end up costing them more if they do customers over!

12. phillcom3

phillcom3 Member

Log it then make a detailed report and take lots of pictures ask a registers engineer or person of standing to verify. If thst dosnt stand up legally then the whole systems broke and you might as well just drive the car into the show room and demand they fix before you movr

13. phillcom3

phillcom3 Member

Oh and when I sya registered I mean a real engineer not jdut a machanic. An engineer has a legal right to stand in a dock and sign stuff off with authority as they are verified... It takes a lot of work to get there cough I know iv done it.

• Like x 1
  14. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Well-Known Member

IME that has typically been the case, historically, with Tesla. No guarantee for the future of course ...

• Like x 1
  15. DaveW

DaveW Active Member

Fortunately only a small paint chip on the rear passenger door and a tiny scratch above the charge port.

Not the end of the world, the thing that wound me up was not being told about the policy, I’d have taken it straight home and washed it, which is where you spot any defects instead of going and showing the car to friends and family, I could have then reported issues within the 100 miles.

• Like x 2