Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 100 TSLA Club.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wanted to do a shout out and see how many other small investors are out there.

We see so many deep pocket investors on this forum, I just wanted to see if there is any small time investors like me, buying 100 or so and holding to SP of 1k.

Reactions: Muaddid
Haha, thanks for starting this! 38, living in Eastern Europe, on a salary, paying mortgage monthly on my apartment, I am in the same shoes.

Joined this forum 4 years ago and, having burned myself earlier with a mutual fund, first I was just reading for the sake of learning more about Tesla from like minded individuals.

Eventually I got sick of the collective TMC mind being smarter than the analysts covering the stock, so I pulled the trigger in early July 2013 with a purchase of something like 20 stocks. Over the years ended up moving much of my investment into TSLA - still below 200 shares though. That is A LOT for me, but overall I am up ~80% so still happy as it's now about equal to what's left of my mortgage.

Aspirational goal is to pay back what's left of my mortgage in about 4 years using ~50% of my shares and some other savings.

Last edited:
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
I own 450 TSLA stocks, acquired at an average price of $90 .
200 were bought in 2012, 150 in 2013, 50 in 2016 (ex-SCTY) and 50 so far this year.

TSLA amounts to 1/3 of my net assets. All other stocks were sold in the past 2 years. The rest of my worth is an apartment – where I live and which I'll fully own in the next few years – and an emergency fund that represents ~2 years of expenses.

I could diversify but I can find another company with as much potential as Tesla. I also fear that a market correction is long overdue. My 30/70 risk profile seems reasonable as I'm a 30 y-o single with a good-paying job and a reliable public health and pension system.

I might reconsider my exposure to Tesla if the company proves unable to mass deliver Model 3/Y, stationary batteries and solar roofs, or when the markets appears to finally take the transition to renewable energy for granted (I expect the stock price to exceed $2K at that time).

NB: I'm sharing this b/c I'm curious about others' people choice/risk (such a taboo in my country)

Last edited:
Reactions: neroden
Started in 2014 after learning about a private rocket company and finding out Elon had an electric car company. Bought 40 shares, and did more research, and kept continually buying more thereafter. First purchase was at $183, and now it's averaged up to about $230. My Retirement fund and Tax-Free Trading Account are nearly 100% TSLA totalling 385 shares, and I don't foresee needing the money for a long time. I have some additional shares and options to trade around in a taxable account, but so far my buy and hold positions are doing much much better. I'm also about the 1/3 net worth in TSLA, but I'm also young, have a great job, benefits, and pension.

Thanks guys, glad to know I am not alone. Heck, for me and my social circle 100@100k is a lot of money!
FWIW, it still feels like a lot of money to me even though I have more money now (due to successful investing). I hope I never start acting like the ultrarich in the bubble of never seeing anyone who isn't rich...

Reactions: jbcarioca