TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

The 100 TSLA Club.

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by ls7corvete, Aug 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ls7corvete

ls7corvete Member

I just wanted to do a shout out and see how many other small investors are out there.

We see so many deep pocket investors on this forum, I just wanted to see if there is any small time investors like me, buying 100 or so and holding to SP of 1k.

• Like x 1
  2. McMountain

McMountain Member

Well, I am in the same order of magnitude ...

3. mrdoubleb

mrdoubleb Active Member

#3 mrdoubleb, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Haha, thanks for starting this! 38, living in Eastern Europe, on a salary, paying mortgage monthly on my apartment, I am in the same shoes.

Joined this forum 4 years ago and, having burned myself earlier with a mutual fund, first I was just reading for the sake of learning more about Tesla from like minded individuals.

Eventually I got sick of the collective TMC mind being smarter than the analysts covering the stock, so I pulled the trigger in early July 2013 with a purchase of something like 20 stocks. Over the years ended up moving much of my investment into TSLA - still below 200 shares though. That is A LOT for me, but overall I am up ~80% so still happy as it's now about equal to what's left of my mortgage.

Aspirational goal is to pay back what's left of my mortgage in about 4 years using ~50% of my shares and some other savings.

• Like x 1
  4. ValueAnalyst

ValueAnalyst Active Member

Thanks for creating this. What's your definition of "deep pocket investors?"

5. 9837264723849

9837264723849 Member

#5 9837264723849, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    I own 450 TSLA stocks, acquired at an average price of $90 .
    200 were bought in 2012, 150 in 2013, 50 in 2016 (ex-SCTY) and 50 so far this year.

TSLA amounts to 1/3 of my net assets. All other stocks were sold in the past 2 years. The rest of my worth is an apartment – where I live and which I'll fully own in the next few years – and an emergency fund that represents ~2 years of expenses.

I could diversify but I can find another company with as much potential as Tesla. I also fear that a market correction is long overdue. My 30/70 risk profile seems reasonable as I'm a 30 y-o single with a good-paying job and a reliable public health and pension system.

I might reconsider my exposure to Tesla if the company proves unable to mass deliver Model 3/Y, stationary batteries and solar roofs, or when the markets appears to finally take the transition to renewable energy for granted (I expect the stock price to exceed $2K at that time).

NB: I'm sharing this b/c I'm curious about others' people choice/risk (such a taboo in my country)

• Like x 1
  6. ls7corvete

ls7corvete Member

Thanks guys, glad to know I am not alone. Heck, for me and my social circle [email protected] is a lot of money!

7. CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk Member

Started in 2014 after learning about a private rocket company and finding out Elon had an electric car company. Bought 40 shares, and did more research, and kept continually buying more thereafter. First purchase was at $183, and now it's averaged up to about $230. My Retirement fund and Tax-Free Trading Account are nearly 100% TSLA totalling 385 shares, and I don't foresee needing the money for a long time. I have some additional shares and options to trade around in a taxable account, but so far my buy and hold positions are doing much much better. I'm also about the 1/3 net worth in TSLA, but I'm also young, have a great job, benefits, and pension.

8. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

FWIW, it still feels like a lot of money to me even though I have more money now (due to successful investing). I hope I never start acting like the ultrarich in the bubble of never seeing anyone who isn't rich...

• Like x 1