Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 1000 VIN's are being allocated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the next batch of VIN's are being allocated.

Some users on the FB group said they had VIN's allocated overnight and they appear to be from the 1000 batch range (424) previously reported by Model 3 VINs below.

65660867_10156118136417536_100025888493535232_n.jpg

Last edited:
It usually appears in the source code of the webpage before it appears on any documents. It should be noted that if you do have a VIN in the source code that it doesn't guarantee itwill stay there! It can change or be removed completely but most times it remains the same.

How to check Source code

1. Login to your Tesla Account
  2. Click "Manage"
  3. when that page loads, right click and choose "View Source"
  4. Hold CTRL and press F to search the page.
  5. Type 5YJ
  6. If you get a result then thats the VIN number that has been allocated to your account.
Interestingly some of the people that recieved cars last week didn't have a VIN in the view source, so its not a solid method, but can give an idication of some movement on your account.

It usually appears in the source code of the webpage before it appears on any documents. It should be noted that if you do have a VIN in the source code that it doesn't guarantee itwill stay there! It can change or be removed completely but most times it remains the same.

How to check Source code

1. Login to your Tesla Account
  2. Click "Manage"
  3. when that page loads, right click and choose "View Source"
  4. Hold CTRL and press F to search the page.
  5. Type 5YJ
  6. If you get a result then thats the VIN number that has been allocated to your account.
Interestingly some of the people that recieved cars last week didn't have a VIN in the view source, so its not a solid method, but can give an idication of some movement on your account.

Amazing....:)

Thanks, unfortunately nothing in my web page, but being a tech geek I can't not appreciate those things from Tesla....even if my delivery won't be here in Sept I will have to cancel and move back to a traditional BMW/Mercedes :/

What’s even more interesting is that VINs beyond the 1,000 are being allocated (ie those with a number higher than 424327). Hopefully that means that there are more RHD VINs that we don’t know about. A few people have tweeted Model3VINs to see what’s going on.

Reactions: -DB-
What’s even more interesting is that VINs beyond the 1,000 are being allocated (ie those with a number higher than 424327). Hopefully that means that there are more RHD VINs that we don’t know about. A few people have tweeted Model3VINs to see what’s going on.
Do the last 6 digits in the VIN represent the number of vehicles Tesla has manufactured to date?

Do you think anything was still outstanding on your account or was it simply a case of confirming what they already had.

I've got about 8 mentions of 'incomplete' in our source code but lady today said they had everything, so for us, it's just the big wait.
I'd the same call on 23rd May. It a basic courtesy call, they actually said at the time that "you probably wont hear from us for a while"

Still no VIN here. Hopeful to get one allocated in the next week though. SR+ Red, Sport Wheels, order 1 may

Do you think anything was still outstanding on your account or was it simply a case of confirming what they already had.

I've got about 8 mentions of 'incomplete' in our source code but lady today said they had everything, so for us, it's just the big wait.

Nothing was outstanding when I got the call, I'd finalised everything on the 6th May, the primary reason they called seemed to be checking if I was available late July/early August to take delivery, as -DB- says.

Is anybody else finding the app isn't loading today?